Rejected Ban Appeal - Pizzaguy

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Pizzaguy, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    STEAM_0:0:43592033

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Pizzaguy

When did it happen?
    03.05.2017 14:47

What's the specified reason?
    (rude)

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Because i was arguing with the admin Miller for not banning the player who was mic spamming the music but when i did the same thing i got insta banned, Do something about your staff member and please unban me because this is not fair

2. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I started arguing with me about the rules for some minutes.
    I told you to read en follow the rules. I don't make the rules, I enforce them. If you don't like the rules go somewhere else.
    Since I knew this was going to happen, because today was one of that days where most of the server is cancer, I recorded some evidence http://files.f-o-g.eu/a182f13f167bdbgf987g7bd075159917
    You should be happy that I didn't perma ban you for backseat moderating.

PS: Since this isn't a ban that is over 6 months it's invalid. Maybe read before making a ban appeal.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You littearly provided evidence against yourself. So if you are enforcing rules, why didn't you mute the guy that was spamming music with his mic? Can you explain me that allmighty admin?

4. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well what if players don't want the music to be played by that guy? It is annoying people and it is making them leave the server

6. Seynethic

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In such a case you're unlucky to be on that server and you gotta live with it. or you suggest to our founder to do a rework on the rules. Gl with that.

7. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well ill bid fare well to you all. Good luck with maintaining your server

But your long term active players will leave. You should care more about active players

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  8. Seynethic

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Im probably the "oldest" active player on the surf servers. I think I know all/most of our regulars and so far none of them left due to our admin/moderating work.

could you please also start to edit your latest posts and put your extra information in there instead of flooding the threads all by yourself?
    thank you very much.

9. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No point in that since im leaving anyways. I find it hard to believe that no one except us 4 and even more aren't happy with the administration of Miller. So far i have no complaints on the other admins, they do a fair job and i am greatful but Miller isn't a good example.

10. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It seems that you haven't understood the rule so I kinda felt that I have to explain it to you:

§2f Do not spam the microphone (this includes music and sounds). A user is allowed to play music through the microphone only if the admin(s) currently online give(s) clearance to do so

Explanation:

As an admin you have to keep your voice enabled on 1 and you are not allowed to mute poeple. Simply because they could violate rules then without you hearing it.
    So if an admin doesn't want someone to play music because he gets annoyed by it you are simply not supposed to play it.

You as a normal player (not administrating the server) are free to block communication / mute that player if you dont want to listen to the music the guy is playing.
    You are not free to break the rule though. You could ask the admin if you are allowed to play it. What I suppose you haven't.

I wish you a great day.

11. Pizzaguy

Pizzaguy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks?

12. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You were banned for a day because you started playing music whilst
    a) you were aware that that spamming music was against the rules (muted the evening yesterday)
    and b) someone else was playing music (who was granted permission to play)

And considering the misunderstanding you have that was pointed out in the Admin Report by Gamble
    For this I'll quote Rizor:
    Since your ban is only for a day whith a proper reason (which is blatant provokating) this ban will stay.

Closing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.