Implemented [Zombie Escape]: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Koga73, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi,

as the server is getting more and more popular, I think it's a good thing, to add new stuff to make the server more interresting.
    So I'm making this thread, where i will add my suggestions and ideas.

Plugins:

(Plugins) Donator Tags: The surf servers have them, ze should have it too.
    I see it has already been added today, awesome! Although it does not save your tag for the next map. Also, does it use the tags from bhop??
    It would be nice if you could (like on surf) get a rank, which depends on your kills. Like:
    Potato: 0-50 Kills
    Recruit: 51-200 Kills
    Soldier: 201-400 Kills
    Survivor: 401-700 Kills
    Heavy: 701-1200 Kills
    Slayer: 1201-1600 Kills
    Pro: 1601-2500 Kills
    Expert: 2501-3500 Kills
    Veteran: 3501-5000 Kills
    Demon: 5001-7000 Kills
    Commando: 7001-10000 Kills

(Plugins) Colored Smokes: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264483
    Since the freeze smokes won't go away anyway, why not color them with this cool plugin?

(Plugins) GoreMod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1772319
    Suggested because, blood. It's a zombie escape, it would be a cool feature to have.

(Plugins) Graphics Banners: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2210297
    Add this to all FoGs servers, will be a nice addon to get more people into the forums. Also looks cool.
    (http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...848/A64CB6F6516CE0585DC23DC11DA467D81DC07238/)

(Plugins) Speaker Icon: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2362299
    Pretty cool feature, that let's you see whos talking.

[​IMG]

(Plugins) Hats: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2366718
    Would be a nice thing to have for the VIP's/Donators.

(Plugins) Quake Sounds: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2019601
    Because, who doesn't love hearing when they dominate the game?

Models:

At the moment, we can't use the models i have, as they use the old skelet/bone system. But i will figure something out very soon.

(Models) New Playermodels for Zombies: Zombie Pack

(Models) Maybe some Donator Skins for Humans: Helghast Rifleman & Primtime Draven

(Skins) Maybe add 1 new color to Halo (Red), & remove the Santa skin. Christmas is over people.

Problems/Suggestions:

• The same maps are being played way to often, & we never get to try the new maps. Maybe add a minimum of 4 played maps, before a map can be played again.
    • Zombies are blocking other zombies, when moving props. Make them non-blockable by weapons by other team zombies.
    • Humans are blocking other humans when shooting. Maybe consider making bullets unblockable by teammates.
    • Props are too hard to move, make them easier to be moved by knife or something.
    • There has been a couple of times, where people has been asking me to put sv_airaccelerate higher, to make turns better when jumping.

Maps:

Not sure which maps has already been removed, i wrote this a few weeks ago.

Remove ze_thelostworld_v2_csgo - Map is bugged, players can't respawn as zombies sometimes, and it takes too god damn long for the helicopter to arrive.
    Remove ze_platformer_b2 - Map takes too long to finish, players hate collecting those damn coins.
    Remove ze_infected_tramway_csgo1 - Players can't respawn as zombies sometimes.
    Remove ze_colors_p3 - Map is too hard. People still don't know where to go.

I will add more with time. Thanks for reading!
    @n0name@n0name

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. !nf3rn0

!nf3rn0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh yeah,

That are some nice suggestions. I really like each one of it :D

But Speaker Icons aren't they already there?
    And who would be VIP's? (Donator or rank dependant?

3. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Crap, you are right! I will cross that one out :D
    It's tiny, but it's there. Also thanks to whoever jumped the sec i did my screenshot..
    [​IMG]
    The plugin does make it bigger though.

I was thinking donators :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It uses the same database across all CS:GO servers running on that machine, so you will have the same colors/tags on Beginner, Bhop, Ze, .. but not 1-3 (and vice versa)
    Don't really feel like the need to add ranks, maybe in the far future.

Broken after one of the last updates, doesn't change the color anymore.

Not really a fan of it.
    a.) More downloads
    b.) Adds stuff to the model precache table (yes, materials count too), which already is almost full
    c.) Possibility to reduce player's performance (mostly those with less powerful rigs)

Actually thought about adding this already, then I remembered I can barely do anything in PS, let alone VTFs.
    If someone can make a good logo (as a VTF), I am gonna add it.

Have read that it crashes the server/lags quite badly, not adding for now.

Already tried: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/9944-20-12-2015-zombie-escape-updates-free-hats-edition.html
    Unfortunately, crashes the server after max 2-3 hours, as the aforementioned precache table is full as fuck (thanks Valve).
    The only option would be to reduce the amount of hats down to max 2-3, but then it's not really fun anymore.

Can add that, we would have to decide on one sound pack then.
    Got a female, Quake, standard and some weird one (the one which Les Papys Aperos uses)

These also were not updated to use the new skeletons (see last update date - 7 months ago).
    At best, the weapons will just float around on player's feet, worst they crash the server.

Too bad not many modelers have ported their skins to the new skeleton yet..

Could add, but then again, I would have to modify the plugin, due to our donor system having own natives for checking if a player is donator or not.

Will do once we have found some more human/zombie skins. My plan is to add 2-3 for each team (2-3 zombie/human each).
    Maybe you could test you Zombie Pack on a local server, see if it crashes/the models work correctly.
    You don't need much for that - a basic ZR install is enough, plus CS:GO fixes: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=200527

Increased limit to 5 maps, which also is the default value for that plugin.

Changed CVar sv_penetration_type to 0, which should allow passthrough of bullets, and hopefully knives too.
    The CVar which enables that (or at least moving by pressing E) - sv_turbophysics - has crashed the server quite often last time I checked.
    Could maybe retest that on the weekend, see if it still crashes.

Upped that to 150, should hopefully be high enough (you can basically surf now).

Removed.

Btw., tagging me does absolutely nothing, as I have disabled me (too many people tagging me for nothing, I read every thread anyways).

5. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright, would be a cool thing to have though!
    Also, for some reason I'am not allowed to change the tag on the server, as it changes back at map change.

I don't think you need anything other than a .png and a resized image.
    [​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/pKG5GuC.png

I will work on making it look better another time. This should be fine for now.

Defn male sounds.

Yeah, i will do that probably in the weekends.

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure many will be happy for this!

@n0name@n0name @n0name@n0name @n0name@n0name

Anyways, thanks for taking time to look at this. Will let you know what people think if anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yo, anything new about those models?
    Would prefer adding those together with quake sounds in one go.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seems like the model pack you linked appears to work (at least I saw it in-action on the #1 ranked server).
    Planning to add the following models:
    - Female model
    - Burnt corpse zombie (from HL2)
    - Zombie Police Man

And 1-2 more human models:
    - Combine Elite for Admins
    - Any other (please suggest below).

I may have also found a way to reduce the amount of downloads required for the master chief models.
    This means, I can remove all special variants (gold, blue) and just leave the basic white one in - while allowing up to 255^3 color combinations (need to test first).

Also, hats are coming back, now that the precache limit is fully increased.

8. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Is this coming to surf too? Would be a nice addition to.. shake things up

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will mark this as resolved for now.
    Decided against Quake sounds, they are getting quite annoying after a while.
    As for the logo, we are actually looking for an entirely new one, not only in-game. If anyone wants to, they can take it on them.
    Tagging @Avaritia@Avaritia just in case.

As for adding colors to the surfs/others, please make a different suggestion thread for that - it's out of the scope of this one.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.