Declined [Zombie Escape] Increase rounds in all magazines

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by n3tman, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Don't care

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n3tman

n3tman Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I suggest to make 200 rounds in each weapon's magazine (including pistols and shotguns).

I used to play with this setting on other servers and it made the gameplay more pleasant. You can try different weapons, not just Negevs because they have 150 rounds. It's not making a huge difference for zombies too, they still can kill humans easily (tested on many maps).

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will look around next week how this is possible to do, can't really think of an easy way atm (without editing the weapon scripts files).

3. n3tman

n3tman Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This appears to set the entire ammo, not just the clip (including reserve ammo).

5. n3tman

n3tman Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright, I've been playing with this feature myself, and the only solution for now, as you've said, is to edit weapon scripts + use the plugin above.

It's not a big deal though, right? I know a server that uses this way and has constant 40+ players (without any sv_consistency errors).

Download plugin: drapi_ammo. Before starting the server, create a folder "drapi" in csgo/cfg/sourcemod/ (it can't create a drapi_ammo.cfg otherwise).

Here are the edited scripts (clip_size 200 to all weapons) and my drapi_ammo.cfg: View attachment scripts.zip

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'll try looking into that on the weekend.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have finally found a way to change the clip size of weapons without modifying the script files each time.
    Now the question is if we really want to have a clip of 200 on each weapon, you can basically fire auto snipers 24/7.

8. !nf3rn0

!nf3rn0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah i dont think that it is a good idea, because auto-sniper does a lot more damage and with a clip size of 200 everybody would take auto-sniper.
    For example i take other weapons. i think that it depends a lot of the map played which weapon makes sense, but with a bigger clip size it would be to easy for humans

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since OP isn't active here anymore, I have decided to decline this suggestion for now.
    This needs serious balancing, otherwise certain weapons (e.g. autos) will become too powerful (basically infinite ammo).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.