Resolved ZE 3 Smoke grenade bug exploit

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Spartan, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Implement this?

1. Yes - No more smoke grenade exploit

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No - Leave it as it is

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It has come to my attention, after hearing about it casually before about a 3 smoke grenade exploit on ZE, the reason I am reporting it now is because I found out how to do it today as a player was teaching over Mic.

So what is this exploit;
    The player makes use of suicides in the warmup for a round to get multiple smoke grenades (3) which will enable a far easier time dealing with zombies as it freezes them.

Naturally, the player is able to buy 1 new equip with the shop plugin during a round, this is due to the plugin allowing players to do so and is a legit way of getting 1 extra smoke, however using this exploit you can get 3 total.

As it utilizes suicides I am not sure whether this would be exploiting glitches to get a real advantage over others during the round.

My suggestion would be the following;
    Implement a suicide-interceptor for the humans during the entire game, this is already implemented for the original zombies of each round so I do not think it will be hard to implement for Humans and it would be efficient and stopping this exploit from happening.

However? If this affects changing sides too it may present an issue. (Which might be solved also by forcing every human to be a CT after the initial map warm-up as I believe some maps have issues with T's being on maps anyway as humans preventing them from moving in the map before the zombies are nearly released anyway).

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Changed suicide interceptor to also work before the mother zombie is selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.