Where are the admins on the Achievement/Idle server?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by ^FK^ Arbiter, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've been playing on the FoG Achievement/Idle server for quite a while now, and I have quite a few complaints, most notable the fact that there are no Admins online. Ever.
    At this very moment, there is a player impersonating one of the members of my clan, and requesting an administrator ingame seems to do nothing. Votebanning or votekicking doesn't do a thing, as no one aside from my clan members seems to care about some random person changing their name to one of ours, even though my friend's name now starts with "(1)"

All of the members of my clan are regular players on this server, and this was, honestly, the last straw. I've seen multiple mic spammers, text spammers, over the course of a few months, and the only thing we could do was mute them and wait for an admin to deal with them, something which never happened.

As someone who has been a regular Moderator on multiple CS 1.6 servers, and on many high quality twitch.tv streams, I honestly cannot believe this is actually happening.

I'd like to request someone to fix this situation, or at least get an admin to be online. From what I've seen in the Admin applications, it seems that one of the conditions is that you have to be active on this server, something which the Administrators on this server have clearly failed to do. To prove that I am at least moderately active on the server, my ingame nick is ^FK^ Arbiter, and I am currently ranked #15 in the server itself.

I do dearly love playing on this server, but unless the situation is fixed, my team and I will have no choice but to find another one.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think the admins that should monitor the players on the achievement server are mainly on the trade servers as the people that are playing there are annoying, rule breaking etc. If n0:name agrees, he could open up applications for the achievement server again (current status is full) as there are clearly not enough admins.

Maybe you or someone else of your clan could apply for administrator.

Bunnie

3. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes, I'd like to do just that, but I was, naturally, concerned over the lack of admins. A server is still a server, and someone is paying for it.
    What I also forgot to mention is, "!donate" "!rules" and "!servers" doesn't seem to work either. Also something that could use fixing.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Originally, I didn't even plan to add Admins on the Achievement Servers, as they are not rly needed (at least not on achievement_idle).
    However, I'll maybe re-open the Applications there, but for only about 4-5 Admins.

About the Commands:
    I installed the Plugin for it yesterday, however it needs a Server restart/Map Change to activate (the Ads not)

5. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good to hear it. Trust me, it really does need admins. There's currently a bunch of insults flying around, and we could really use an admin to at least gag the players in question. I've already applied, just in case the slots open any time soon.

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I just opened them, but in limited mode (not like 10 Admins on Trade).

7. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Awesome. If you could take a look at my application, it would be appreciated. I'd like to make the server at least a bit better.

8. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just now, multiple players saw a player speed hacking. He was moving around very, very fast and jerkily, at that. He was not using rtd to get speed, as someone else had already rolled while he was moving so fast. I wasn't able to get a recording, but many players saw him do it. Naturally, there are no admins online, as usual. His name is Fantastic4Ever, he is currently online. I'll try and see if I can get fraps to record it.

9. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, you could get an admin on to see it, they can ban through source bans/the client./

10. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Fraps sucks. Ballz. HARD.
    Try to record a demo
    Type this in console:
    Code:
    record hacker
    To stop, write
    Code:
    stop
    Then upload the demo file as proof. It works better, as everyone can fly around the map and check out the hacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.