Warning: Surf/Bhop times & replays about to get partially reset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by n0name, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is just a heads-up that either today or tomorrow all records and replays recorded after 15/01/2016 00:00 will be deleted.
    We currently have problems with out server where the uplink is limited to 3-4mbit/s.
    Therefore, all database queries for the timer were delayed (as much as records being loaded for a different map), making the data inconsistent.

This caused the records on lux being beat all the time, as they were loaded for an entirely different map.
    Our host is currently investigating the low bandwidth issue.

2. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, if it's just 1-2 days removed, it shouldn't really matter. Thanks for the update though :)

3. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also on surf_sunnyhappylove the ranks of surf_mom were used. (on the t1-2 server)

and

I was on the 1-3 server while the database was down. For some reason i had my old donator tag "mashed potato". (backup?)
    I kept finishing a short bonus. Since the bonus was "apparently" not beaten by anyone. I kept getting the bot and wr, wich was kinda funny.
    Today i saw that the last record i made was safed as my "current" one which is much worse than my actual one. (rip rank 9 on kitsune2 :c)

So are the databases just not showing but still saving stuff even though they shouldnt?
    If so it would be best to turn off the servers since stuff like (Example:) 50s finish on a 3min map could be saved as a time.

Also: If thats not the case, maybe turn off the 1-4 server to keep the upload speed for the more popular servers.

EDIT: OOOR you decrease the max players since the tinyer servers ARE working! 1-6 and 1-4

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, seems like we are causing too much traffic, so our host limited the connection.
    Apparently sending 80+ Mbit/s for more than 10 minutes "influences other users" on the same host..

5. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    what a bitch

Another one would be too much efford propably..

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Our host finally removed the bandwidth limitation from the server, so I will be doing the revert today.
    Due t o this, all Surf servers will be offline between 21:00-21:20, to not cause inconstencies again.

7. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Are some long ass 20 minutes man.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maintenance completed. As mentioned, all times after and including 2016-01-15 00:00:00 are gone, same goes for the replays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.