VSH issues and suggestions megathread

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by TheBluekr, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm unsure about removing the crits overall on miniguns since this removes the heavy's primary damage source and makes the amp quite useless. As about skyhigh resort, changing the map will require the uncompiled version which we don't got.
    UbUp could be an idea but I'm unsure as about how we'll integrate it and if the server can even handle the load it will create. (I've played this on mvm, Air Strike with 255 clip, ~300% higher fire rate without blast jumping lagged my client alone quite hard (not even taking other players with their weapons))

I am however thinking still of adding CTF2W (v3) to the server for variation of weapons which TF2 doesn't offer. There's also a limit to the reworks we do, we're trying to keep all attributes of weapons within their theme while there could be made some unique weapons with existing models on steamcommunity and gamebanana.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. pk4life

pk4life Member

with uberupgrades one could always limit the maximum upgrade a weapon could have and also nerf balance the price of each upgrade on certain stats.

also wregarding heavy they could have a mod like crits are minicrits, that way they wouldnt be completelly nerfed

3. TheBluekr

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then I would raise one question which I don't have answered yet, how will the credits system be done during rounds. Each round ends each 10 mins max and Hales at the end of maps will be blown quite hard up due to high upgrades if done like UbUp does.

4. pk4life

pk4life Member

A possibility is to give players a set amount X, which doesn't increase with time and with that amount you can simply balance what people can do with it, for example a player could choose either 50% increased damage or +20 max hp or reload speed, etc... Probably at the start to make things easier a good option would be to give players e.g. 1000 creds/gold/whatever, and then since we don't know how OP it will be with all the upgrades and setting up all the upgrades prices would be a real hard work, then just set the max hp, hp regen, and damage; without having diminishing results just simple linear upgrades for all those stats to make it fairly balancable (value example 20$ = +1% dmg, 200$= 1 hp regen/sec, 50$= 1 hp) after some testing other modifiers can also be added, such as knockback resistance, airblast resistance, reload speed, firing speed, multiple buildings, movement speed, stun on melee hit, hp gain on hit(for certain classes), throwable replenishing speed, etc...
    Considering that the influence of these variables have to be tested and the possible interactions that might make the game op (e.g. a immortal Kunai spy or a perma melee stun demoman or the nightmare scout with really fast reload speed on FaN and can triple jump without loosing hp or a heavy with 5 hp gained on each hit or even a heavy that ones requires 3 hits to kill when he doesn't have uber).

TL;DR: Give players a set value of currency and balance the upgrades a player can have based on this base value.

5. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

I can answer this, me and goldy have been the one's contacting map creators and editing maps ourselves so the issue you refer to here is map based rather than gamemode based and would require work from me, goldy and/or the creator of the map to balance/fix.

As far as your other points go come talk to me on discord. Most staff/regulars talk about it there before we had this thread, it allows larger debates on the subject of reworks than on here.

6. TheBluekr

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Applied an update for the Christmas event, merry christmas all!
    Changelog:
    • Hale has joined the Christmas spirit, gave peace a chance and decided to take his winter gloves into the fight to tickle (punch) all hippies (players).
    • Easter Bunny has now a Festive Grenade Launcher to join the spirit too. "THAT'S THE SPIRIT!" -Easter Bunny
    • CBS hasn't really joined so far despite having his bow...
    • HHHJ won't be joining in this
    • The new festivizable weapons are festivized (this will be removed after Christmas)
    • All decorated weapons are FN with very low wear and festivized (this will be removed after Christmas)

7. TheBluekr

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Holiday season is finally over at VSH (sorry for long delay).
    Changelog:
    • Hale now has returned to his old ways, punching hippies with his own fists
    • Easter Bunny reverted again to his old Grenade Launcher (would had liked to keep the spirit up myself)
    • Festivizable weapons are no longer festivized by default
    • All decorated weapons are back to their original attributes again (no longer custom wear and festivized by default)

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Suggestion:
    Reduce the cooldown of airblast by 0.25 secs (I think it is at 1 1/2-2 seconds cooldown atm)

What happened?
    A while back Bluekr and Enrimeus decided that pyros needed a nerf as there are many who would just spam M2 and make a massive pain for the Hale's as they couldnt get into large groups and kill them.

Why reduce it?

There are some pyro players who play offensively and do combos to maximise damage, I am one of them and it was more common when I used to play, I did have these issues and mentioned them to blue before we agreed that it was bad how it was before but I still think by slightly reducing the cooldown it will make these offensive pyros have a slightly better quality of gameplay.

What do I mean by this:

Right now the combo is airblast, melee, flare shot, into hale. What this does is knocks him back quite a distance and does a bit of damage, the issue is that there are many reasons why this might fail and need a second airblast;
    Spies standing behind hale
    Demos behind hale
    Knockback from other players
    Hales ping being ruuude
    Pyro messes up

Right now if this happens, the pyro has no real chance to get back, it is just slightly too long to have another go and survive, this style of pyro is a lot of fun and I would love to be able to play it again.

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.