Declined VIP forum features!

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by jackboy61, Oct 15, 2014.

?

Should these features be added?

1. Yes, they should all be added

14.3%
  2. Yes, some should be added

42.9%
  3. No These should not be added

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So I have a few ideas here and I feel they would all be fairly simple to add.

My first suggestion is that VIP/donators should have a different colored name. Like admins have orange, we should have a color just so its easy to distinguish a VIP.

My second suggestion is a little more complicated and a lot more debatable. As I am sure you are all aware, admins have there own section that only admins can see, maybe we should have a VIP section that only VIP can see (not admins, unless they are veteran)

Another idea that kinda ties in with the second idea, (this one works for admins as well) Maybe have a separate shout box that only vips and admins can use. This could help separate out the shout box so its not a huge wall of ever changing text! Well these are my suggestions, discuss them down below. Oh, and please no comments about past shitstorms in the shout boxes. Only comment if you have additions are have a criticism. Thank you.

PS: I still think VIPs are equal to normal players, But I feel we should have some forum stuff other than it all being in game.

2. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This doesn't really fit with what we are trying to do right now, which is basically elimnating the borders between members and VIPs/admins, make them equal and not seperate them. Also, VIPs have a color, its yellow like Pruu, but I don't know why its not being used.

3. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tbh, we should at least tag the donors in this forum

4. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Reference: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/3884-suggestion-forum-vips.html

In the meantime, this is still a great idea. *wink wink*

It was a failed experiment.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why would still be neccesary?
    It won't change anything for the community.

6. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It might provoke more donations and forum activity? (srsly idk)

7. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Donations for a new TGB and Forum Color?

8. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No. Rules are here for a reason.
    Forum colour for active donators.

9. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What are the rules going to be then?

10. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think n0 said he wouldn't be trying this again, though, if he does, I hope he makes you guys a different colour.... I'm a egotistically attached to mine.

Though thinking about it, VIP's probably should be tagged, even with a [VIP] or something... but yeah, it serves very little if you don't actually use the forums.

11. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  12. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    (srsly idk)

(srsly idk)

/thread

If you do not know why you are campaigning for something, why are you campaigning for it?

13. Ruby

Ruby Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have heard of this plugin which makes you have a speed boost when you click medic, That could be quite cool c:

14. Krupp

Krupp Member

It's called "brainstorming". A suggestion based on hypothetical ideas. I think there is a wiki about it for further investigation.

On topic: I think VIP status on the forum is a terrible idea if you want the divide to get smaller.

15. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why? Any arguements as to why this should be implemented?

The forums stands fine as it is, you just want to feel special when you are a regluar individual.

16. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To be a little "realistic" for a moment; Pruu is the only donator whom has the donator color on his name on the forums where as every other donator does not.
    Do I need to dwelve deeper into what's an "issue" about it?

Nothing against Pruu but truth is; the fact he's the only one who has a special color name due to donation is unjustified.
    I voted yes on "some" of the suggestion but merely thought of something like; special name color for admins that are ALSO donators.
    You could perhaps add the color Amber for Admin/Donator folks since Amber is the color that is inbetween the two on the color scheme.
    Or something new and original, really.

There is not much of an excuse as to why Pruu is the only one with the donator color. Saying it is a "failed experiment" is not an excuse.
    Think about it for a second: If you donated and expected a donator glowing color as recognition and then get told the owner "doesn't do it anymore" yet you spot a user who has it.
    That's not a pretty portrait to be drawn.

17. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I get your point and I do agree, but perhaps you're over dramatizing it a bit - the donator features are namely for the sake of the game, the forum features aren't advertised on the servers or in the donator interface (therefore they're not led to believe anything at all when joining the forums in regards to donating), but at the same time n0 has every right to 'what I say goes'... he pays for and maintains the servers solemnly on a technical level.

18. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Perhaps it is a little overdramatisized, but it's still the truth. It applies in real life as well, as you know - if you paid for something and are not given access to it but another client is, you'd not be happy.

But seeing as you agree, the statement still holds - it should be more equal.
    May I perhaps propose that for said donator color you'd need perma donator status to achieve? Since it would understandably be tiresome to remove and reapply the name color for donators that are inconsistent.

19. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah, it would be tiresome. So I agree the color should only be permanent only.

Anyway, To get around the problem of donations going under the radar, Perhaps an automated system could be in place that gives all perma-donators the color? I don't think that should be to hard to implement, surely?

20. Lord of Olympus

Lord of Olympus Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe if the forums grow and get a lot of new (and active) members. Otherwise, no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.