Username story. Why did you choose the name you chose?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pablo The Wizard, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo The Wizard

Pablo The Wizard Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So I’ve been meaning to post this for a while, just pretty much forgot about it. Anyway title says it all.
    What’s the history of your username name?
    Questions:
    •What was your first name and why was it your name?
    •If you changed the name to something different that you use today, why did you change it?

So my name is the best ofc, I have a fitting loadout in tf2, I have an exact replica of my loadout as a cartoondrawn profile picture etc. My name however, hasn’t always been Pablo The Wizard.
    My namehistory begins in 2009,
    by then I was in the 2nd grade in school. everyone I knew back then was playing Club Penguin so I later started playing it myself. My first username ever on any videogame was Sodaklanten, which in Swedish means Sodamoron, (i don’t wanna hear anything about this)
    Anyway in 2011 when I started a new school I bought Minecraft, there I made an account called ipadman500, which later became just iPadMan. I played minecraft for about 2 years until I started playing team Fortress, my username was ipadman500 and I later changed it to Captain Spoon. In about 2014-2015 I became known as Pablo or Pablo The Wizard on a community server called blueprint.tf which I’m pretty sure shut down, I don’t know why I was given the name but it seemed cool so I based an entire loadout dedicated to the whole Wizard theme. So that’s pretty much my story. Please post your story as I’d love to know why you are called what you are today

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My username has always been something along the lines of "dreamingdinosaur" because when I was making a minecraft account years ago, my whiny sister insisted to my parents that that was what we both wanted. I just stuck with the username since. Before I played Minecraft, I generally called my accounts "nathan8847" or "nathan7488". Literally no special backstory for this, I just used my own name and my 3 favourite numbers.

Most people that know me to some extent remembered when I used the name "zrepy" while I was still somewhat active on jb, me and @yperz@yperz had just got vip and we sorta wanted matching names, so I just reversed his name and flipped his profile pic 180°

Mostly use my current username "dino" everywhere cause it's nice and minimalistic and I just like the sound of it.

I think most people have their username due to minecraft and/or their childish decisions but I still wanna see where this thread goes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Duchess

Duchess Femme's bossy Sugar Lady Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Uhm. The questions are weird. If I answer the second one then why would you ask the first part of the third one... Uhm.
    Anyway.

My first username was Wanahawkaloogee (which is actually still my steam url).
    The reason is because Finding Nemo is my favorite movie, and at the time xBox live had just came out (around 2002 or so) so I made it my gamer tag and it followed me around ever since.
    I changed a good majority of my stuff to "Duchess" about a year or two ago because, let's be honest. The first is a mouthful. But "Duchess" is from an old Disney Movie called Aristocats. It was the name of the three kittens' mother.

Woo.

4. Pablo The Wizard

Pablo The Wizard Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah first ones supposed to be title

5. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My very first name was "Pivot". There's a very basic animating tool called "Pivot". Back in ~2010 i used to work with it and it was quite popular on the polish Youtube scene so i named myself after it.

Considering my current name, back in 2015 when Spooky Scary Skeletons was a new hilarious meme i named myself "Sp0k3 Sk3l370n"."spooky" was misspelIed but i noticed it later and decided to keep it simply because of how nice "Sp0k3" looked. I don't look fondly back to those days to be honest and i wanted to change it because of how childish it was but people were used to me being Sp0k3 so i removed "sk3l370n" for some damage control. Few months ago I removed leet speach from it and now i'am Spoke or Word Spoken on some other websites.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. Lunar

Lunar Moon Walker Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My username Lunar originally was my nickname that my parents came up with while i was a baby, i was always scared and crying every morning and afternoon but whenever i looked up at night and saw the moon then everything changed, i was happy and calm the whole night until it became morning again.
    i still remember a few times in my early childhood where i was feeling down or upset and i'd just wait until night and just stare out my window at the moon and it felt like all my problems went away. (not gonna lie, i still do it to this day)
    -Eventually i grew into the nickname and built around it to the point where everyone, everywhere knows me as Lunar not as Isaac.
    -Adding Nebula in my name simply came from how beautiful they look to me and how calming they are to look at

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Age ?-12
    ?

Age 12-16

Name: [edacted]
    Why? Ripoff from a YouTuber called :) , which I was a fan of. And I couldn't think of another one.

Age 17-now
    Name: Avaritia
    Why? Grew tired of the name prior and have been searching for a new one for a while. Back then I started tryharding CS a bit more and me and a few RL friends started up a steamgroup with a "7 deadly sins" theme. As it happens they were tired of their names as well, so we used the latin names of said sins. Me being Avaritia.

Some time inbetween 17-now
    Name: Yoda
    Why? Because people on this forum decided that "Avaritia" was too difficult to pronounce/write, and I used a picture of a cat with a Yoda outfit on,
    [​IMG]
    so they dubbed me Yoda instead. One day I figured, 'hell, why not' and asked to be renamed. After some time I just went back to Avaritia because Yoda is kind of really uncreative. And you pricks just kept using it. Fuck you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Friendly x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  8. DavisLF3

DavisLF3 Not a weeb, just retarded. Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This game > http://lf2.net/download_lf2_en.html
    Bery nice game, played hours as a kid.
    > Davis is a character from little fighter 2, maybe my favorite one [​IMG]
    > As a kid I was really frustrated (I still am today) that the 3rd version never existed
    > I keep this name to remember my anger

9. aaaa

aaaa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    the first name I picked was spindelman98, spiderman is my favourite superhero and since it was taken in most places I just slapped my birthyear at the end like all cool kids do, I used it for a handful of years until I decided I might aswell just shorten it to spindel (or spindelo if it's taken) since that's what everyone said anyway
    [​IMG]

10. Nukiver

Nukiver Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Moo_

Moo_ me me me Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My brother suggested it to me in 2012, since then i used it to this day.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  12. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Transformers. That's it.

13. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My Nick is inspired by a conversation with a friend of mine. He tried to explain what he meant with "You have a special thing dealing with others". Well I am living by the rules of chivalry so I can imagine where he was coming from. Chivalry is pretty old and outdated indeed. I really liked the term retro when he tried to explain what he meant. So that's me. I am Retro :D

14. Taco_cat12

Taco_cat12 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You get a taco, and you combine it with a cat... world peace at your fingertips, and that's how the origin of my name was born lul

15. Kermitisko

Kermitisko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In the year of 2014 when i joined steam (only for playing tf2) My first name was my real name. A year later i liked to hack moile games and decided to name myself HACKER (HUN). A little bit later i added "oh boi". Thats the date when i started playing JB in 2015. I started to watch the muppets and Renamed Myself to Kermit JR. That was a name that lasted a year. Then i started to like cooking aswell so i renamed myself again to Kermit JR Le chef (boy so many names). I combined my names a lot then. Well i chsnged my name again to Kermitisko. And then Jesus Kermitisko. And today i have a name that i wont change "Kermitisko" (idk how to change the name in the forums so im stuck with my old name).

16. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. GehWasserHolen

GehWasserHolen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To begin with the meaning of my current name for any non-german speaking people. "Geh Wasser Holen" means something like "go and bring me some water". Everytime I explain this to someone they laugh and ask me why the hell I have such a name. To be honest I dont even know for sure :D.
    As far as a I can remember, it was in my dark times (cuz I was a console player, about 3-4 years ago) where I played GTA V with some friends and I saw someone with a kinda similar name and I was laughing my ass off.
    Back then my go-to username was "ThePr0Pl4yer99", obviously a terrible name if I think about it now, but I mean I was a young child :eek:
    Afterwards I thought for myself that I could reaaaally need a new name and combined with that name I saw in the GTA lobby I came up with "go and bring me some water".

18. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Actually I thought it was "wash your mouth" and your picture was toothpaste.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. bobcat

bobcat Member

Kinda had a few dumb names during my first years on the internet. Remember one of my favorite videos at the time was an old animation by Egoraptor. It was called "Ocelot Gets a Name Change." In it the name "Revolver Bobcat" was coined. I usually use dumb memes as my names so I went with it. Around that same time I was just getting into Discord. I was incredibly active and did a lot of weird things so "Bobcat" became the standard. Eventually changed the "Revolver" to "Howitzer" for some uniqueness but I usually just go by "Bobcat" on most things. It's gotten to a point where whenever anyone says "bobcat" I perk up by instinct.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Pizza

Pizza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I had lot of different names since when I first installed steam. A day around 2015-2016 I decided I needed a name that could rapresent my patriotic being. There were 2 choices, Pizza and MaccheroniMan, I'm still sure I made a mistake that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.