Declined trade/idle suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by OAEUK, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OAEUK

OAEUK Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    it'd be neat to add a rule where vip members and higher wouldn't be able to use any of their player commands during combat (resize commands, in general). i understand that tiny players have a reduced damage output to enemy players, but this can be exploited in many ways, one of them being healing a regular-sized teammate. overheal amounts stay the same regardless of size, and this goes the same for dispensers that engineers build. sentries do the same damage, and can be upgraded without any problems. you can also sneak up on a player being the smallest size you can be (0.1) and then become fully sized again to retain their regular damage output to enemies. the last example i'd like to mention is resizing the torso. it doesn't alter the model's hitbox at all whatsoever, so any notable difference between regular torso size and modified torso size is basically an exploit, since it deludes players into thinking the head hitbox is where the head can be seen, but really, it stays in its same spot. i've ran into this issue several times with regular players, and knowing that trade/idle 3 is filled with blatantly toxic and angry people, like myself, only because it irritates me that everybody can get mad over everything (even multiple body shots), many people will get furious if they get repetitively killed using this exploit available for donators and staff, and the users of these exploits can get very full of themselves and call it a day. i look down upon that, and i want to prevent it.

i think that this suggestion should be accepted because we have similar rules on trade/idle 3 and the other trade servers (i've been only on 3, so this is an assumption). for example, we have a spawncamping rule, in which a player cannot be attacking enemies in their spawn beyond the palm trees in front of each spawn. cross sniping is a remedy to this situation, but players still seem to become upset when they get killed/spawncamped, even though the victim did not die to a spawncamper. hacking is another rule, but this rule should apply everywhere, even though it isn't mentioned in any html motd/website of the server, since valve have a policy against cheating.

i will gladly report any players doing this kind of stuff if this suggestion comes through and becomes an official rule in the server using the fortress of gamers demo-cataloging website, which will contain demos providing sufficient evidence for the report being filed in, and said player(s) will receive said punishment.

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am not going to add any VIP-specifc rules. If you get mad over getting killed on a trade server, you have other problems.
    Before anyone goes and says "but no spawncamping rule" - this is a rule valid across all servers and was made in the days when we still had "regular" servers.

Locked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.