Implemented Time to let the Community speak Series 1

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Tri., Jul 21, 2014.

?

implementation of an crit-voting?

1. Yes

80.8%
  2. no

19.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slaughter of Shudras

Slaughter of Shudras Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ...I hate random-crits..

2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm personally not one of the people who wants crits gone, but this suggestion is not about that in itself; it's about letting more people vote on the matter.

Just a reminder seeing as most people are guessing this is a "crits" thread again by the looks of it
    (It is, just not directly).

3. VVV. Haø

VVV. Haø Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes *_*

4. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Vive la liberté.
    Vive... La révolution!

5. Cellah

Cellah Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Do it do it do it do it.

6. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And I believe that atleast 80% of FoG server's popularity doesn't care about the forums, and they play as passangers.

7. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Who is actually talking about the forums? An ingame-voting system =/= forum
    even with this, doesnt mean that you can deny their vote?

well, I really dont understand what you're tying to say with this :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  8. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh, I must have missed that it's an in-game voting system. I got it so that people would come here, to vote.

9. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No, but I talked to the regulars I know if they want such a ingame voting and told them that they can vote for/against it, or not.
    I pretty much believe they have also the right for a vote :3

10. Holoflash

Holoflash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It has some uses, but more negative things then positive.

For example, do you really want to hear the opinion of a bunch of 12-year-old kids?

11. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Which negative things? Are you talking about the poll or about the suggestion itself? (the ingame voting)

If you talk about the poll: I am pretty sure that I know the 2Fort regulars

If you talk about the ingame voting: I dont even want to answer on this. As the votescramble for example got disabled "lol bunch of kids" wasn't even an "argument" (Yes, 2fort does not have a scramble-voting, because the scramble itself would suck , statemant from noname)

"Bunch of Kids" is in my opinion a really weak argument for this case.
    And a ingame-voting would just be fair, not only for a "bunch of kids" - for everyone.

And the guys you called a "bunch of kids"(if you're talking about the fact that I asked the guys to vote here if they want) right now, are playing 2Fort almost daily, aka supporting (kind of).
    Good.

I dont see any problem with letting the people(regulars for example.) on the servers vote on poll, neither that they can have a new ingame-voting.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  12. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As much as freedom to the players is a great thing, consider the following question:

Will it have an effect on the popularity of the server?
    People may not like having the rules of the game change like that. Some people prefer a server to be consistent about its rules (In the aspect of the game going "Now you can random crit..and now you can't").

I don't mean to stomp on your parade either, but you should be able to answer any questions to the suggestion, not say this

I'm not hating against youngsters myself but many people stand on the "I prefer a server without them" because undeniably the bunch of kids Ace is referring to are those that mostly come to bother you with inconceivable suggestions and requests like "stand still so I can try this out" as they're moving in to kill you for example.
    It may be unpleasant for some players if they vote for either side but lose the poll because of the knowledge of whom affected it.

They are not supporting your suggestion because they are playing the game.
    They'll need to come here and prove their support.

Don't be mistaken, I am still for implementing the freedom for the players.
    Just, not everyone are.

13. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Noname told me, if the crits are off, the server needs a bit more time to get full, but I cant answer you the question if the people can vote ingame. So I dont know if it will have any effect regarding the popularity or not. So, I would just say to try it out first?

That I dont want to answer on something doesnt mean that I am not able to /I won't answer.
    I also answered right after? Maybw I dont get the point here
    You are right here. Indeed there are people who says "I dont like servers with a bunch of kids.." but does that mean that no one is allowed to vote on something? Its not that they would overrule this now or something.
    Also, "It may be unpleasant for some players if they vote for either side but lose the poll because of the knowledge of whom affected it. " we never had really such a problem with votescramble for example, but idk.

I never said that they are supporting my suggestion because they play on the server, It was meaned more the way "they support the servers because they play on the server"

I cant and won't force anyone to "support" this suggestion, they can vote on the suggestion for or against it, or not.

14. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you don't know, then you very well cannot really cover for that particular matter.

That's not what it looks like, believe it or not.

Here is why I was convinced that was what you were attempting to get across.

Also, when you say that you know the "regulars", does this mean you remember what people play there often, or that you know them on a more personal level such as age and names and alike?
    Being the internet, not everything is true despite what one might say.
    Just keep that in mind.

15. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "but idk" because a votescramble is a different thing than a voting for crits on/off I can't really "know" If we never had it :p

at the question about the regulars: I know, that some of them are daily on 2fort, some regulars on a more "personal level", of course, not of anyone, but I am pretty sure that the regulars I am talking about arent a stupid bunch of kids.

Yes, this internet..but even if I have a totally wrong impression of one regular for example, doesnt mean his opinion/voting is invalid, just because he is 12 instead of 18 and still a mature guy.

16. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am assured that's not the case.

But in the end, let's see where the suggestion goes.

17. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  18. wardey

wardey Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This receives the wardey stamp of approval

19. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    #bumpforpureandrightousjustice #gravedigging #closeme

Note that most people just press a random number to get rid of the voting table for maps.

Why do you think they'll do it differently?

Also not to consider that if people want change, they have to go through some considerable effort to put something here meaning it may be something of actual value.

For crits I guess this would work, but in any other aspect (as you're suggesting) I don't think this is really a viable method; we need to discuss changes and agree on them, anyone who isn't signed up to the forums and is a regular of the servers has only themselves to blame (they're prompted every now and then to join).

TL;DR minor things like Crits, sure - anything else no.

20. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't see how this could be used for big discussions, as you need more than a choice of "yes" or "no", with crits, the vote wouldnt be permanent (I think), it would only affect that round/map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.