Implemented The Great Below

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Sky, May 12, 2015.

?

Delete dat shit?

1. Ye

50.0%
  2. Nah

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Straight to the point.

I'm here to suggest the removal of The Great Below. Here, some reasons:
    - It's dead. TGB was made for people who doesn't like doing anything productive, he just posts random stuff to random threads that it's either not related to the topic, or 's just against the rules, a.k.a. shitposts. Alot. Since we're far not as popular as Skial, we do not have too much shitposters, therefore we do not need a section dedicated to those people. Every shitposter we have/had ended up doing their thing on all the other sections but TGB anyway (see Toxic / Swuft / Darkregen / a lot other). It barely had any new posts the last 7+ months, and that is because of this. So why do we have it?
    - It's pointless. Okay so if we ignore my previous reason and take a look at the content:
    http://puu.sh/hKz8V/94248937c1.png
    http://puu.sh/hKz9m/2e8e9f19fb.png
    http://puu.sh/hKza8/8d08a98fc2.png
    http://puu.sh/hKzdW/582e411401.png
    http://puu.sh/hKzha/417712a647.png
    (I'm not aiming at the people posting this, I'm aiming the posts themselves. Examples on how TGB looks, you know)

So much creativity and originality. Now look at Skial's "Unmoderated" section. It's nothing compared to this.. masterpiece. Why did I even think of creating this thread, goddamn.

- It lowers our reputation. We don't let shitposters ruin our community, right? It happens anyway, and they completely ignore TGB.
    Wait. Uh. First reason.

Added a poll. Bai.

TL;DR

It's full of shit and it's dead for shit long time now. It lost its purpose.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Didn't we like have another thread for this?
    By some random bloke who I forgot.

3. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If i am honest now, I am not shitposting anymore sky.... So leave it.

5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thats because people dont know how to use it . Heres a great example (on how to use it):
    I don't see the problem of having this sub forum.

6. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm just gonna say yes, that's how I felt on the last thread about this, but I'd like to point out a couple of things :

1) TGB has been dead for a while, yet shitposters were still running rampant and not being punished on time. (They get punished, but it takes too long).
    2) TGB shouldn't be our main focus, the whole forum is kinda slow atm, there are no new threads that people can discuss on which isn't TGB's fault and removing TGB won't help us get members.
    3) TGB, other than inviting people to shitpost, isn't hurting anyone, all of our regular or "normal" members completely ignore TGB or get bored within a week of finding out about it.

Can we please just remove it or shut up about it? It's kinda getting dull.

If you want activity on the forums, make a new thread, but don't revitalize the old ones.

7. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's why I suggested forum moderators before. I got a partly proposition for it, but currently my focus is on some other stuff than that. However I don't give a thing about TGB since I never visited and I don't feel it affects the forum negatively. But if it's dead now... then I see possibilities for necro posters!

8. Another Mundy

Another Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wait, isn't Regen like banned?

9. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My terrible grammar means that's why he got banned. That's the point.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  10. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The argument about the removal of TGB is about if it's a necessity or not.

Do we need to remove it?

I don't endorse shitposting myself, but who is to say you can't use the great below for other reasons than shitposting?
    Rather than viewing it as the trash bin of the forum, why not use it for threads that demand less attention to the general public in general?

You'd then suddenly have a sub-forum that's good for talking about stuff that you don't want an outsider to read.

That is after all the purpose already; but people are too blind and go "its for shitposting", ignoring the possibilities

11. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This thread is pointless and is gonna be overlooked.

12. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

Well yeah, so far nobody used it for anything else than shitposting.
    We "introduced" TGB as a shitposting central anyway, for shitposts (see the stickied threads).
    And uh, mind giving an example on something that "demand less attention to the general public"? For general talks, there's the General section. Who cares, will reply, who doesn't, will not.

Not if I keep bumping it.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Anything goes. That's as simple as an answer goes.

I really think that what we COULD do, is to empty TGB of all its current contents, wiping it out so it can start anew, as a sub-forum for discussions in incognito.

14. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Isn't sky the one who posted NSFW images etc on the great below? I don't think it being unused is a good idea to remove it, you might aswell keep it and if you find it offensive (forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/6151-fap-image-above-you.html :p) Then like you said, no-one uses it and if you do happen to use the great below the point of it was so that it was unmoderated

15. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why the fuck did you get unbanned

My thread there doesn't matter. You're allowed to post anything, so I do it aswell. So? And at least I'm actually posting something, and not ancient unfunny memes like everyone else does.

I talked with Jozzeh on steam yesterday, he said he's going to volunteer as a TGB admin. (I'm still not sure if he was joking though) And is going to remove all that shit if he succeeds. I'm fine with that, but otherwise there are millions of unmoderated sites you can use and everyone uses, posting everything from racist to NSFW. And is much more popular than TGB.
    TGB was pure cancer long time ago, and it's dead now. It didn't and doesn't serve any purpose, it was for the newborns like you who like to shitpost, but you just shitpost everywhere else and nobody is using TGB for anything now. So why keep it?

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  16. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For: It's a place for any unmoderated shitposting that needs to be done, just leave it in case anyone decides to use it.
    Against: It's empty and dead for a while, why leave it there and let it ruin our reputation?

Huh. Which side to go with?

17. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nobody used it for anything for several months. Shitposting is always happening elsewhere.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  18. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The rules at no NSFW don't they?, i can't post NFSW according to the rules so your basically saying you do bad stuff, I'll do it too and not get banned

19. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You're really testing my patience.
    You can post NSFW stuff to TGB. Just put it in a spoiler and say it's NSFW.
    But if you'd learn to read, and then read the section rules, you'd know that.
    You're just not allowed to do that anywhere else.

20. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then why remove a part of the forum where you can share your favourite Hentai with your freinds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.