The current state of FoG,

Discussion in 'General' started by Spartan, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It'm be tough, but we require people of this community to change
    attitude/behavior.

I'm just saying, if meepboy is going to insult our community while representing pbfortress
    and you're letting him go red-handed he might aswell get his own medicine.
    I can change, but require other people to change at this moment.

2. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just gotta say. He never mentioned pbfortress until someone else mentioned it.

3. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Its not a possiblity that the forum/community will change. Some people wont change, no matter how hard you try. So in that case there's nothing we can do to change that, the community will always have a couple of people who will be selfrigious "faggots" so people might aswell start dealing with it or they wont survive ANYWHERE on the internet for a longer period of time.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That is the issue, your ideals are that if he does something bad, we must do it back? When has slapping someone because they slapped you ever really helped it other than escalating it further?

If I am to enjoy my times on these forums I really want people to grow up and act their age and actually take an insult or ten and keep their cool and not go and "give them their own medicine"

5. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, you want us to take a beating while still standing on our feet? No matter how hard and brutal the beating is?

6. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, then i have to ask you this.
    What would you do if a random stranger slapped you acrossed the face for
    no reason? Would you refund the pain or just walk away?
    I'd be happy to give someone the pain from my facial area back.

Indeed, Dark. But in order to avoid all of these "faggots" we have to set a limit.
    Which could be suggested in a thread by someone in the future, like for instance, for instance
    Shitposting > Warning > 1 Week Ban > Permban. That would stop people. Hopefully.

7. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I want you to not look like a bunch of children.

OMG YOU INSULTED ME, I INSULT YOU BACK.

8. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, let me get this straight. You consider leaving because two-four people are doing that?

9. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am considering leaving because our community right now is acting like a bunch of children. I am not going to be part of a community that is not a welcoming one. Our community from the past experiences has nice players in game, but the forums is a place I am disgusted about. I do not care how many people do it, it is the fact that is re-occurring. Still people refuse to be nice and act properly when someone new is on the site and are biased against him/her and gang up insulting him/her because they might have said some things. I just want people to act their age.

10. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "right now" So because its just in the moment, and not any time in the past. So because a tiny group of people are acting "childish" by defending themselfes when a person attacks them, you want to leave. Got it.

11. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Do you think we're some kind of creature who has no feelings or emotions?
    We do have feelings. If you were a kid and someone was being a racist little cunt
    would you run away and cry and make it easier for people to mentally hurt you? or stand up for yourself? Just like your quote from Winston S. Churchill.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    I have a lot of enemies, because i stood up for something they disgust me, but that's exactly what enemies are
    they disgust eachother. And no, i do not let them take me down.

12. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Stop being so dramatic, you were never attacked, the community got insulted and you went over the top at them. Now if you don't have anything constructive to say do not reply, YOU are doing exactly what I am talking about. I insulted you guys because of they way you acted and now you are arguing with me. When really this has derailed and you are just trying to annoy me.

13. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You might take it as him annoying you, but he wants answers, he expects answers.
    We might not not be insulted, but our community a group of people we have a friendship with.
    If you saw your friend crying in a corner would you ask him what's wrong or let him suffer mentally?
    Because if you choose the last one, you're most likely losing a friend.

14. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You have misinterpreted the quote. The quote is about someone attacking you because of what you stand for, this is about them standing up saying, no this is what I believe in.

On the other hand, you got insulted and you went and ganged up on him and took it to far, you found out he was from PB and made it about that and shitposted and made him hate his time here. HE was trying to help and you made a war out of it. The quote is about being attacked for your beliefs, you were attacked because of how you acted.

15. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Now you're pulling me into shit i've never been a part of. The situation with meepboy, i wasnt a part of. I've been attacked a lot of times, a lot of people dispise me, and wants me gone. And what am i doing that you were talking about. Im not insulting players who just joined, never did. So if you seriously want to have this arguement/conversation here and now. Then you can have it. But atleast dont drag me into fights that i've not been a part of.

16. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Did I mention an example, I am talking about previous ones as well regen. This is a re-occurring event and I want people to grow up.

17. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Is it re-occurring event that i've been insulting new players on the forums? I never insulted new players, if i dont like those who join, i simply dont write anything. But again, people wont change because of a single dude who wants to leave because of a thing that is created by players who doesnt like a certain admin, then begins to insult him/her and people start to see it as the attacked being an asshole when the attacked is only defending him/herself.

18. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Shitposting? I stood up for myself and this community, i really wanna know
    where you found that.
    Ganged up? Ganging up is with a group of people, i did not gang up with anybody, i
    simply stood up for myself.
    Took it too far? I don't think so.
    PBFortress? That wasn't me, you can even check my latest chats
    and find out what exactly happened, because right niw you're just picking up puzzle
    pieces and putting them where they're not supposed to be.

The quote part thing? I don't think it's something taking place, i think it's more him asking.
    He asked "You have enemies?".
    So now you're blaming me when multiple people started it? I came in later
    but it seems like you're confused.

He tried to help? He literally used his keyboard to insult us, but as always you're
    defending someone who is guilty. You are not his lawyer, you're not getting paid.
    He has his own story and you were not a part of it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am never writing about one person.
    I may say you. But I am talking about this community.
    You guys started the fight.
    You took it too far.
    We asked you to stop.
    You carried on.
    You stood up?
    You loved the argument.
    Your excuse was "Give him his own medicine!" HOW THE FUCK IS THAT STANDING UP FOR SOMETHING?
    Confused? I do not think so.

20. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I did stand up, but you still seem to be confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.