Telltale Games Shuts Down

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Teh TheoDeKillah, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Teh TheoDeKillah

Teh TheoDeKillah Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After many unverified information, rumors and references, it is now official. Telltale Games is a past. Specifically, the studio announced that it had dismissed almost all its employees and from 250 developers remained only 25, as the team is about to close.
    At the same time, there is a strong rumor that the fourth season of The Walking Dead and the rest of the projects, such as The Wolf Among Us Season 2 and Stranger Things, were canceled. For the time being, their fate has not been formally confirmed. The 25 people will undertake the bureaucratic procedures for the gradual closure of the development team and the obligations of the already closed contracts.

What you think will really happen?

Write your opinion down below!

2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The studio was gone to shit tbh, they just milked the shit out of their engine and when people realized they had no real "choice" in the game (where all the games had 1 ending) people got bored and stopped buying the games. I do hope the devs get new jobs though, 250 is a lot.

3. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I liked walking dead season four, or atleast the first episode which was relased, but i would like to see the ending... other than that its good they ended cause I heard they treated their employees like absolute dirt

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's really fucking upsetting that we got two seasons of minecraft but no season 2 of Wolf Among Us. They dug their own grave and we could see it coming when Telltale was unable to afford renewing their digital distribution agreement to sell Poker Night At the Inventory 2 so it can't be bought anymore. It's also upsetting that a pile of shit that follows telltale game idea but worse - Life is strange - blooms and a second game is in the making. I hope someone buys the licences to these games and continues them but thats unlikely.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. Matt Ramses

Matt Ramses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i hated their games, but thats just me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.