Implemented Surf: Improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Chewyy, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyyy

montyyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    yeah, especially cool since I'd like to start a youtube channel similar to KSF's one where I post the newest WR's on the f-o-g server. Should be good PR as well.

2. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Found a small thing that we missed on todays update.

The color of "Rank" and "has beaten the" is still white. Needs to be changed to grey.

3. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay so, the rtv limit in the top100 / donator server, delete it? or lower it perhaps... 15 min is a bit much, especially when people actually come to agreements and dont abuse it on that server, not what I've seen atleast

4. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The limit is already removed, i think since a week or so.

5. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think the slot size of the "Surf Beginner" server could be increased from 32 to 40, since the server is full more and more often.

6. Exx0n1te_^

Exx0n1te_^ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think you should add a text saying how to access the radio every 1/2 minuets since a lot of people keep asking and want to listen to it. However, you should also add a disclaimer saying that some of the people's html is disabled and they should use 'cl_disablehtmlmotd 0' to be able to listen to the radio. Seems a lot of people are having their html disabled.

7. montyyy

montyyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    this + as far as I know they need flash player activated. confirm this anyone?

8. Exx0n1te_^

Exx0n1te_^ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No, that's not necessary. Flash player is now basically in the past, it's life has come to an end. Every website and browser now fully support HTML5 and as far as I know in the latest chrome and firefox updates, the 2 browsers started blocking flash from running automatically (+ flash updates could download other unknown/unwanted files to your pc). The radio in CS is simply using live stations as far as I know, which completely supports HTML5 thus there is no need for your flash whatsoever (I my self have my flash disabled and I am still able to listen to the radio).

HTML5 is love, HTML5 is life.

9. montyyy

montyyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I knew those pros and cons of flash player but yet I wasn't entirely sure if the radio plugin uses html5. If so, that's awesome and I pretend I've never said a word.

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    iirc, the radio plugin already advertises itself periodically.
    Also upped the slot count for Beginner to 44, might raise to 50 later.

EDIT: Also fixed the chat color thingy.
    WR bot.. can never really be arsed to look into that, the ones out there are quite bugged atm.

11. montyyy

montyyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please dezone the "grenade area" on surf_pox. Simply put a trigger or something so people can't go there.

People tend to spam grenades and we're getting an immensive voice coms spam in chat.

12. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Will take a look at this when I am back from work.

13. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Some new and open suggestions, besides the stripper:source stuff, that hopefully i can take care of.

1. Sidehud

A real sidehud, like in CS:S is not possible in CS:GO, but we could use a menu instead. Servers like Surf Heaven or KSF do it and it works just fine.
    The "Sidehud" should have following options that can all be turned on and off to customize your sidehud how you like it.
    - Timeleft
    - Spectators
    - Spectator List (Names of specs, can be turned on/off seperately to the number of specs)
    - Maybe? WR/PR

Sidehud command to customize it and turn it on/off would be !sidehud. I wouldnt include it to the !hud menu, cause that would get to clustered then.

2. Knife/Noknife resetting

This has been a problem for a long time now, that when you chose noknife for example and then use !r (restart bind) your knife resets back to default and you have to set it again. This can get extremly frustrating. I dont know whats the problem but other servers also found a solution, so we should be able to do the same.

(I also noticed that the radar, that is usually hidden, apperas back for a sec when you hit your !r bind. Its like it reloads every time. That should also be fixable)

3. Spec by Name

A feature that shouldnt be hard to implement, since there is already a console command spec_player_by_name. If you type !spec Chewyy it should go directly to the person you want to spec. Cause right now, you will spec a random person and then have to click through everyone. It also should work when you only type a part of the name, e.g. !spec chew

4. sm_saveloc

Implement sm_saveloc as a alias for sm_save. Because sm_saveloc is a lot more common on other servers and people usually have that one bound.

5. Center Hud Speed

The speed in the center hud right now is shown with 2 decimals, e.g 2357.34 u/s. When you check your speed during a run it would be faster and easier to see if there were no digits, e.g 2357 u/s. Because those .34 really dont matter at all

6. Extend vote for donators

Give donators the ability to initiate an extend vote, for a 10 minute extend. The vote requires more than 50% to pass and everyone can vote.

7. Wrong colours on Donator Server

The colours of the chat message when you finish are still white and not grey ( was fixed on beginner and main, i think you forgot donator)

8. NO Hud

This is something great for recording videos without making a demo or when you just want to enjoy a map without all the timer stuff and chat.
    The command is cl_drawonlydeathnotes 1 . This disables everything on your screen and you just see the map. Could either be implemented into the !hud menu or get an own command e.g !nohud

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  14. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I hope this is added it will help out A LOT! :)

15. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The spec part is already added.
    Atleast it worked for me the other day. Could be that it is admin only though.

16. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can confirm, only admins... Or perhaps only donator? Didn't have a donator with me in there to check with

17. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Doesnt work for donators, so its admins only. Should be a easy fix then when its already working.

18. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1. No ETA on that, also requires a bunch of coding work, will try to ask Namii about it.

2. This happens when the server was unable to load a player's settings in time, which causes weird side-effects to happen.
    The code handling that stuff itself is fine, not much I can do atm.

3. This should be fixed now. There was a conflicting plugin also registering the command sm_spec, which was indeed for admins only.
    I have now removed said plugin from all surf servers, so it -should- work properly now.

4. Added.

5. Changed (hoping that displaying a float as an integer will actually cut off its decimals instead of failing)

6. Added to backlog (next weekend probably)

7. Fixed. I indeed forgot to copy over the changed SMX to the donator server.

8. I don't really see much sense in adding such a plugin, if it's a simple console command. I am also pretty sure you can't really force its value via the server.

19. Chewyy

Chewyy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We really need a hotfix for the "map doesnt change/plays 2 rounds issue". This is kinda ruining the experience and can get super frustrating. There has to be a wrong setting, cause this is the only server i see this happening. All other servers are fine.

20. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When you say it like this you only mean 1 server but this issue happens on all of the FoG surf servers. Just clarifying :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.