Declined surf different modes

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Smile, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Do u want different surf modes?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I thought it would be nice to add a plugin that detects(or gives the ability for the player to choose) the way u surf (normal,backwards,sideways,etc.) so we could compete and try different styles of surfing and have a different ranking about any of the modes.I know that a while ago there were surf styles but it didnt change anything (it was auto,auto no limit etc.) and i havent seen any recommendation about this and so i gave it a try.

2. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If I'm not mistaken this has been in effect before, but if I recall correctly that was removed because you got the max amount of points if you swapped modes and could keep farming that way (Cockcopter...?). That was long ago though and was used with !type(s), now adays plugins seems to do what Smile said and just automatically detect how you're surfing. So there has most certainly been improvements to these kinds of plugins, but as always though, anything regarding plugins and extra code will be decided by n0name.

3. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I feel like the points are already really bloated and adding a second mode with more points for everyone would ruin everything even more. Even with a new plugin (that we were supposed to get soon) it would still be unnecessary work. Just because people can prehop on maps is not reason enough to add such options. And making it for the backwards/sidewards/etc. is quite worthless too since you can just do it anyway.
    I would say we keep our one surfstyle and our one pointsource. Period.

5. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Only a very few use them on bhop and only a very very few are even able to play them properly.
    This have been suggested multiple times .. and it might be that there were some improvements. But it would just mess up the points for the overall ranking then again for no reason whatsoever.
    I will give this again a "no" and I probably always will be.

6. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    with new styles people would start to "farm" points just by completing every map in every style. (like it was 3years ago. noone really used them except of the ones who were farming points)

there is also barely a basis of regular players who would even use them.

with top10 custom tags, top 100 t4-6 server etc. people would definitely use styles to get their "extra's"

Tbh I don't see that coming on FoG-surf. player basis is way too small for that.

7. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    last time that this system was on the servers u could surf on all styles ON normal mode(normal surfing not sw,bw,etc.)..now im telling about something different..u have to surf in a different way and finish a map something thats not easy and not a lot people can do without practising a lot..so there is no problem about point farming because simply there is no possible way to surf on backwards via normal mode because the plugin auto-detects the way u surf and counts this time..(check ksf csgo servers)so u get points and time that refer to the specific mode that u are surfing on and not on the normal mode that we have today..

tl;dr different modes than the last system,no way for point farming because of auto-detect plugin and because these specific syles are hard

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not going to happen.

While the styles you suggest would be less point-farmy, I don't even know if they would work with the Timer plugin at all in its current state.
    There have been a lot of modifications made on the system, which may have broken the compatiblity.

Due to this being rather unimportant/low priority and me not really having time lately, I won't really bother checking it either.
    Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.