Declined Suggestion: Pony VSH/FF2 Server.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Rainbow Dash, Dec 2, 2013.

?

You find this as a good idea?

1. Yes, I do find it as a good idea.

55.6%
  2. No, I do not find it as a good idea.

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    now we need cool meymoose ff LòL we must be cool
    lyk we gona get doges [sick meme] as hero nd savior and bad memes [all the rest that aren't doge -.-] as villains

Holy shit no.

2. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Much opinion

Wow such hate.

Very not wow.

Much better than pone.

2doge4u
    very suggestion.

3. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    help mom I'm really funny

4. Krupp

Krupp Member

So the bottom line is like this: "I suggest a sub community for young adults with a questionable fascination for fictional ponies, so that they can feel extra special for having such a hobby, and if you don't like the idea you are narrow-minded and hateful." Good luck with that. Goodbye logic.

5. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  7. Krupp

Krupp Member

I find it quite fascinating how you're trying to put the words in our mouths because we are voicing our opinions, which Rainbow Dash asked for with this thread. What I was referring to was Rainbow's response to Downy when he voiced his opinon. That's what all this is about - a poll - for, or against creating a sub community with separate servers, for people with a common interest. You don't like our opinions? Tough luck. But don't act like your opinion is more important than anyone else's. It's also funny how you said that right after my post here. Problem? I can only speak for myself, but I'm not like what you tried to describe here. I don't really care about the subject of that sub community, it's just how Rainbow put everything and how he responded to people here that I felt was awkward.

8. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I totally agree with you, Kengi.

Those were opinions, everyone can have them.

9. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just to clarify that wasn't aimed at you.

Yeah, It's really great how I can reference a meme I like based on a dog and suddenly get shitposted for it, you know. Fuck me right? It's not like someone might find the image of a cute dog having self monologue a little funny at times.

But no, this is the internet where no matter what, everything is clouded under a dense essence of Spaghetti.

10. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well then, finish the map Sam. We're still waiting for you.

On-topic:
    The idea is a good one, but I think you should just set up the server under the name of FoG. Make a forum like http://brony.f-o-g.eu/, so it's still visible Fortress of Gamers hosts both the server and forum and give the bronies a place there. Also, make it clear to registering people

(Like: For everything that's MLP related, go to http://brony.f-o-g.eu/ in the rules both when you read the while registering and in the general forum rules)

that THIS forum isn't for brony stuff. About the server itself, show the brony-forum link instead of the normal forum link in the chats and advertise it now and then through an announcement.
    If and when the server gets there, we should however get some admins so there isn't a lot of hating on the FF2 server, because I'm almost sure that'll happen. And Downy, though I agree with you, your focus is too much on just MLP. Nothing should be shoved down our throats just because one person/a group likes it, but a reference or joke here and there doesn't hurt, right? I mean, you and I are both making DW jokes sometimes and nobody gives a damn. It should be the same with bronies.

Summary:
    Give bronies something like brony.f-o-g.eu, make a server, make rules clear, don't rage over one or two jokes.

11. Krupp

Krupp Member

I apologize for not asking you before I made presumptions. It's the old habit of self-defense from attacks as soon as I breathe in any thread here ;)

12. Partyneer

Partyneer Member

I'd like to point out the fact that this thread alone was enough to entice me over with it's delicious smell of butthurt. Which is an achievement, since I really thought this site had run out of fuel to keep me here, since let's face it this community has gone far downhill.
    Now, on the topic of this thread: Boy am I enjoying seeing you bicker about this like a pack of dogs over a steak.
    And then on a moment's notice it's all loving and friendly, can't you make up your mind?
    I mean really? This much fighting about such a trivial thing? Who cares if people want to suggest adding a server like it, and who cares if people are against it?
    In the end it's not our decision, we can only hope to make an impact on our glorious (not really) leader's decision.

The combined clenching of asses in this thread would be enough to power New York for at least a month, which is quite impressive, I applaud you for making such a big deal about such a small thing.

But now on to the actual question at hand: Is this server a good idea?
    Well gee, I can't say.
    It might entice over the brony community, but it could also severely hinder the public opinion of FoG (which isn't very high to begin with) and even possibly scare regular players away.
    But to what extent? How should I know? Go ahead and start an internet poll to get some facts into it.
    Personally I don't see that much point in starting a whole server based on a few biased opinions, are you really thinking about the community, or just yourself?
    That remains to be seen, however if enough people want this server, so be it, I might even bother visiting the server just to witness all the delicious drama the server would surely provide.

Essentially I will keep my position on the topic neutral, but I might even give it a +1 with enough convincing.
    I look forward to seeing this thread evolve even further into the new capital of butthurt, I'll be sitting here and eating snacks while that happens.

PS. Really? I mean really? This kind of argument? Okay
    PPS. Hello again, expect me to fall back into my hibernation from these forums though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  13. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You've dun goof'd

14. Krupp

Krupp Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Partyneer [​IMG]
    you bicker about this like a pack of dogs over a steak.

pack of dogs

doges

I have to admit that was funny ^^

15. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Eh, ponies?... nah I've seen this happen a lot of times in VSH servers where the pony shagging admin will suddenly screw the server, by changing the BOSS to ponies every time

This could benefit us with more players, even if they are cloppers, if we were to do something like this chances are FoG will be engulfed with pony forums and stuff, we can't take a risk like this, it has happened to other communities, not only that they will also try and force this down us like fooking jelly,

Final opinion.....nahhh

EDIT: I also didn't notice that their own little sub forum? nah it would cost too much money for a server that'll probably die off, also for the sub forum thing, eh it would show we were welcoming, but 80% of the ''Brony'' community are a bunch of arrogant asshats.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  16. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    +1 - You got my attention all the way through that set of paragraphs.

Normally I TL;DR, but this really made me laugh, thanks.

17. Krupp

Krupp Member

It would fit perfectly around here then.

18. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I see what you did there

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not sure what the point in fighting over this is.

It's like a pack of wolves fighting over a piece of imaginary steak.

If this is the kind of behavior that we'll have if such a server is added, I am not really so sure I'm up for it.
    I like you guys, and I don't want to see you all bickering against each other. =(

20. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    People are probably going to expect bias when it comes to my input on this little poll, However I must agree with Spartan, It'd be great for the pony haters to let out their anger on the characters by blasting them to hell.. I'd surely enjoy that myself. If we really make base decisions such as these based off of the responces we've seen on the internet when it comes to bronies, ie. a great deal of artificial statistics and generalisations, then there's not much of a line between that and the way in which we interact directly with individuals that fall within those "categories", such as myself, and other members within the forum. I truly hope I don't strike anyone as a psychopathic wierdo, that'd be rather upsetting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.