Implemented Suggestion on Timer Change.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Kami-senpai, Oct 25, 2016.

?

Implement?

1. yep +1

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. nope -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello Community,

Well my idea was to change the Timer on the Surf-Severs...
    The idea itself: So if your in a run and stuck at a stage or something like that, we all know it, if you then change to SPEC 'cause someone wants to show you or to spec the Bot sadly you have to start at s1 again...

I honestly dont know if it would work somehow but could we implement a function or plugin which saves ur stage and time as soon as you switch to spec and as soon as you join a team again the time and stage will be restored so you can keep on trying where u were...

Let me know what you all think about it or if you have any imporvements towards this idea

Sincerly

Kami :D

2. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If it's easy to implement, it's not a bad idea. However, when I am in a scenario where I'm stuck and want to learn the stage I type !pause and watch a run on YouTube. So to me and perhaps others, this is not essential.

But of course I never get stuck on a stage.

3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Could be implemented, would basically pause your time, save your stage and upon rejoining a team unpause the timer and teleport you to the stage.
    As always with coding projects, this will take a while to get implemented.

4. ElToredo (195cm)

ElToredo (195cm) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is a good idea I thought it was already suggested here because it seems obvious when you try for the first time to switch to spec when you are in a run.

I have already seen this on a surf server on CSS a long time ago, the plugin should exists today so maybe you won't have to code boss!

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have now uploaded a new version of the timer system to the 1-3 server.
    When switching to spec (either by clicking the "Spectate" button or using !spec / !specbot), your timer will be paused.
    To resume, either join T/CT or type !resume in chat, you will be auto-assigned to a team and continue at the position you have stopped.
    This can either be a stage or just in mid-air, your angles / position will be saved.

Also fixed a bug which could happen when a player is in a bonus, disconnects and another player takes their place (aka. same client index).
    The bug would cause the newly joined player to start at the position of the left one. You will now instead always start at S1 normal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  7. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @n0name@n0name it does work, but i think since most ppl use !rs/!r to reset them from spec into team, either give them a option to turn on the funtion of restoring or implement a new command which restores the time as if u use teamswitch... i noticed that. My keybinds are "m" for switch teams and used !spec into spectate. When u used m to go back into a team it worked but not with !r or !rs. Maybe consider this.

8. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i need to test this at the weekend. i will post my feedback here if im done.

10. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So lil bit Late, but for my view it seems to work... Tested it a little lately and didnt had any problems with going into spec and restoring my position.
    i noticed on "surf_cyka" i dont know if its the map or what but theres a super annoying noise when u switch mid air into spec and back... it saves position and speed as far as i noticed correctly and works.

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This plugin is now installed on all Surf and Bhop servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.