[SUGGESTION] New forum rule.

Discussion in 'General' started by Bunnie_Lord, Oct 14, 2014.

?

Implement?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2014.
  1. Yes

88.2%
  2. No

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Soo, we recently had the shoutbox removed for one or two days because a discussion over a thread went out of hand. At the moment, there's another discussion in which people have been banned and warned. To prevent this, I'd like to suggest a new forum rule.

This should clean up the shoutbox a lot and be easier for n0name/Downy/whoever to control. Punishments are left at the decision of the mods.

If you think a thread should be reopened, I'd say provide a mod of the section (in regards to trade and ban section where we have more mods) with valid arguments through PM. I recommend using the forums, because you can keep track of those conversations. If it's in another section, contact n0name/Downy. If you want to discuss a thread with a group of people, but not on the forums, create a f-word steam group chat. I know you use steam to play games, as I have a shitload of you guys in my friendslist. If you're currently unable to create a group chat, too f-word bad. The thread won't walk away, you just have to remember what you wanted to talk about.

Finally, I only want useful posts in here that actually contribute to this suggestion. A simple yes or no will not be sufficient, use the poll for that. If I see a post I consider useless, this thread will be locked to await n0name's/Downy's decision. Furthermore, the user will be reported for shitposting.

Bunnie Out.

@n0name@n0name @Downy@Downy @Downie@Downie @SynchronizedMurders [FoG]@SynchronizedMurders [FoG] @Jozzeh@Jozzeh @Spartan@Spartan @Taco@Taco @TriforceSmaSheR@TriforceSmaSheR @.Spchookwagon@.Spchookwagon @Under the Dash@Under the Dash @Applejack@Applejack @Zeratul@Zeratul @Of Skrillmau5 & Men@Of Skrillmau5 & Men @CheekyPJ@CheekyPJ @Mr_Jaffa@Mr_Jaffa @xXSamPlummerXx@xXSamPlummerXx @dakte@dakte @cetru@cetru @Celeritate@Celeritate @Sky@Sky @HQGroup@HQGroup @chickpoint@chickpoint @Lord of Olympus@Lord of Olympus @cheatnow@cheatnow @Ninja Otter With A Taco@Ninja Otter With A Taco @Pruu@Pruu @zefeel@zefeel @[FoG] Tomaspremoli@[FoG] Tomaspremoli @Ace@Ace @DarkRegen@DarkRegen @Krupp@Krupp @Pointlessness@Pointlessness @Wandolf@Wandolf @Damiensdk!@Damiensdk! @The12hunter21@The12hunter21

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, it does sound like a good idea.
    But why not have mods for every section?
    I mean, Ninja is a moderator for the trading section.

3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello. I agree with the rule but i dont agree with @Taco@Taco . In my point of view you only need 2/3 new moderator for the entire forum (without the ability to moderate the trading section, since its an area that requires a lot of knowledge). I do thing that having a mod for each section isn't efficient (a bit confusing to the visitors too).
    To conclude this rule should already been posted a while ago. Note: You guys really need to get mods.

4. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's exactly why i mentioned that.

5. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dunno, moderators are cool and all but...
    People should be able to handle themselves, I can, why can't you?

There's a point to where moderating becomes babysitting, which is exactly why I stopped doing the damned stuff before I even came here.

On the topic of the new rule, I say yes, but the above still applies.

6. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I suggest that an option to reopen the thread is added,
    someone asks for the thread to be reopened and in the following 24 hours or so, another 9 members (of which 2 or more should be admins) need to agree with the reopening. This way we'd make sure that the thread is gonna have people that are still interested while also making sure that it's not just one person that disagreed with the outcome.

7. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well at this point we should ask ourselves where we want to stay.
    If we want to keep the forum like this, with a few members as like "our little forum com" 2 /3 moderators are okay.
    If we want to get bigger, we would need some more moderation, but that status depends on what we will do in the near future.

@Pruu@Pruu, replace moderators with admins ( I am not refering on bans/kicks etc)
    Why do we have rules at all, lol

Also, I wanna say, closing a 452364267yo thread and additional posting "closed" (hi downy) looks for the most people like "postcounterpenisspam" at least, add a reason or something

8. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As much as you and I can behave us, some people on the internet sadly do require a babysitter nearby.

I think the suggestion is a good one too.
    You don't go discussing politics at a game convention.

9. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not like people are going to appretiate my oppinion anyway. But why call this a forum when everything we say and do gets instantly "illegal".

Yes i get that we can open a steam chat about it, but letting people knowing what you think is more important than going full north-korean on this shit.

I personally vote no to this but it seems people want this more than oppinions

10. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's more to prevent further shitstorms in the shoutbox, which is (I guess) pretty hard to moderate since anyone can shout out his opinion. If you believe a thread is closed prematurely, you should contact one of the mods to ask them to reopen it. Also, I shall include this in the OP, mods should give clear reasons to why a thread is closed.

11. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then we should have a rule about veteran admins closing threads prematurely when they go "ooh i sense a shitstorm better close it to make one elsewhere"

The people should have the final verdict, instead of the veterans going behind everyones back and making them the judge of the whole thing. We arent living in north-korea are we?

12. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I liked this post (so I pressed "Like") but haven't you understood already
    People in many cases do need exactly that, babysitting.
    No matter how much people complain, no matter how many new rules are added, no matter how many mods the forum gets there are always going to be those who need 'babysitting'. But by the time 'babysitting' is in effect I fear that it would almost seem like we're in a fascist dictatorship. And by then it's probably too late and it'll be ruined.
    I personally don't think more moderators are going to be able to solve the problem. ("The more chefs, the more mess")
    If I were to state my entire personal opinion I'd probably be going towards the stream, so to speak, but I think reckless 'forum-behaviour' should be harder struck down upon by those already in charge. That's all. Yeah people should definitely think more through what they're posting/saying but there will always be those who break the rules, starts new so-called "shitstorms" (which by the way is a term that's used way too often here) and cause disputes eitherway. Some even argue just for the sake of arguing which is completely pointless. I think more punishments are needed. Unpopular opinion perhaps but this is a democracy goddammit.
    Sounds like a helluva lot of hassle just to get a few people to, in lack of a better vocabulary at this point, stop their stupid shit.
    I do however agree with the rule to contain the before-mentioned "stupid shit" and not to spread it over to other threads. (Or, god forbid the shoutbox)
    If the matter or objective becomes a personal vendetta of sorts people should obviously take that in person, personally. That means not here. Heated discussions on any forum is as much braindead as it gets.
    But there will always be those who just don't get it.
    That's just what I think of this whole mess.

13. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    yesterday on my college, we studied a statistic that said: "70% off all employees can't do her job right if they aren't controlled"(they will not control the ban on the servers of course just the attitude on the forums). That being said , i do believe you need moderators. Also all moderators should be over 18 in my perspective.

14. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.