Spawn killing - offender wins

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by ODD1 | Chris [DK], Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ODD1 | Chris [DK]

ODD1 | Chris [DK] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello. Seldom I actually take matters on TF2 seriously. Usually just go about doing my own business, playing, having fun after work or in between – it depends (creative freelancer). This time tho, I really feel like I oughta let you know whats going on. So today, around 17:05-ish (on TF2 Orange) I asked what happens, if someone keeps spawn killing. I was told they would get banned. So I wrote that T.Kolokotronis kept killing me in spawn (The admin Luigi was present). Nothing happened! I wrote again after the 4th kill. Then Luigi left. I reported T.Kolokotronis under "other". Luigi stepped in and wrote across screen that one will get banned for abusing the report system (or something similar). I was the only one reporting at that time – so it was ment for me, no doubt.
    I am asking really? So the offended ends up getting abused by both the offender and the admin? It shouldnt work that way, should it?

Kind regards
    Chris [DK]

2. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Every report made has a log I believe if it is recent enough, the admins should be able to see your reports and check if what you say is true, you reported multiple times the same offender for spawn killing.
    As long as he did KILL YOU IN SPAWN each time you reported, your reason to report is valid.

The admin should then check to see if its really happening.

I'd wait for Lugi to reply if I were you and see what his thoughts on the matter are.

But as it stands, if you are telling the truth, then you are not in the wrong, however "Other" is not a good report option, the last option being "custom" allows you to type in chat the reason after selecting it, and it will display that message to the admin.

3. Luigi123

Luigi123 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am sorry to hear about that incident, but I didn't receive any reporting message from the bot and if I do get them, sometimes I go into the server and check on the reports that have been sent to the reporter bot, but when I'm in the server, that player isn't doing what the report said they were doing so it would be yes invalid. I think in my perspective, adding a admin that watches over that server would be a better choice or contacting them if the report isn't being done or a demo would work and would show more proof.

4. ODD1 | Chris [DK]

ODD1 | Chris [DK] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was wondering where the option of writing a msg was in the report system - Where do I find "Custom" in the ingame menu? I do not understand Luigis response. Earlier I was told by Luigi (2-3 month ago) that reporting spawn killers is a violation of the reporting system and I would get banned for it - so, one could say that this is not the first time - therefor reporting this dude 4 times, as you suggest, Spartan, I would definitely get banned by Luigi, no doubt what so ever. So I only reported this by text chat 4 times for each kill and when Luigi left, by the report system one time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  5. ODD1 | Chris [DK]

ODD1 | Chris [DK] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please do check the text around the stated time.

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Like this; https://youtu.be/984EeaHpf88

Select target:
    Choose "Other":
    Go to next page:
    "Custom":

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  7. Adridzhan

Adridzhan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello, you me know who I am, Luigi is a very good feature in admin, I will say that he was busy with me and a player that had a bad spray and was very difficult to explain it took a while to understand! Simply we were busy with a difficult problem, and Luigi was unable at that time to help a lot! Tell the rule first.And do not use! Report about some things when he has the admin server that you are. http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/599-team-fortress-2-server-rules.html Sorry my english is not good :p

-Voyvoda | Comitadji | Danger-Artillery

8. Luigi123

Luigi123 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You are allowed to report for spawn killing, but if that person isn't spawning killing, it would be a bannable offense. The report of that person must be happening, but if I leave and he starts doing it, I would contact an admin like me or any other admin that watches this server and tell the problem. If I happen to be offline or busy at that time and no admin is available, I would record a demo of him spawn camping and post the demo on the forums, that way that player will get banned.

9. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The reporter has been offline for some time, but is back and working for now.

10. ODD1 | Chris [DK]

ODD1 | Chris [DK] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Overall I don't get any of your response to my post. As I wrote in my initial post, my actions today is something that are indeed seldom, I just do not bother doing things like this. But this time, it was way too unfair. It seems like the procedure is to Explain why "it" happened as it did, but not Act upon what happended, at all. So I guess my question is, what happens now - ya just leave at is? I wonder why Luigi wrote that msg to me, I wonder why T.Kolokotronis still have access to the server. I so wonder if you still want me to play on the server...

@ Luigi, to be sure you understand: I did not report a false report! I never do!
    @ Spartan thanks for the menu clarification.

11. ODD1 | Chris [DK]

ODD1 | Chris [DK] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Btw have been an admin on well known tf2 servers in a period of 2 yrs all together - just do not have the time, at the moment, to work on such free stuff - So I do know a thing or two...

12. Adridzhan

Adridzhan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Was busy, I'm sure again in violation of the rules on the server that will determine the appropriate punishment for the player. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.