Something very annoying...

Discussion in 'General' started by DaJeroen, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh hey a Text, it says 0 will close this, lets just skip the text and press 0

I dont get your problem with just using the normal chat/csay (people said before csay is distracting so it means they look at it/read it , now you say nobody is noticing it? sense?) and there is already a message in the server saying type !rules to see our rules or something like that.

2. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And people come and have a go at me for kicking them because they did not see the warnings? MSAY is always noticed and it has been the most useful IMO at teaching people, it is obvious to know that the box appearing that they have to close is the rules.

So I use this, and I wont stop using it.

3. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Very good, ignoring all my stated arguments in this whole thread, saying "its useful" and youre done with it, ofc its useful, but thats csay and the others as well, or using the normal chat and ofc nobody gives a fuck on servers like ach idle or something other than our "competitive" servers where people are really getting pissed of with this :)

and what will you get if people are getting pissed of, what does that mean for the server
    think any further.

4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You just said it's really easy to press 0 to close. So why ban it then?

5. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quote me please, where and when did I say that.

6. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There you go

7. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Such a shitstorm over one tiny detail.

I've been playing Orange for around an hour today, and I wasn't bothered by the box.
    Seriously, one key on your keyboard needs to be pressed.

8. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    oh god, jesus christ sorry that my example is really that bad.
    then lets change this example in:

Oh hey a Text, it says 0 will close this JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NOW I HAVE TO LEAVE EITHER WASD OR MY MOUSE JUST TO CLOSE THIS FUCKING BOX WHICH I WONT READ ANYWAY

is this a better example, dearie?

And please, fucking hell, dont tell me people arent like that, I used it once on 2fort and people were instant complaining.

Also: I dont say that it should get disallowed, I just ask kindly if you can stop or lower with it, if not, I have to live with it, its their way to adminstrate a server, i never said something about banning it, at least read my post, before accusing me of something I didnt said, Downie.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  9. HQGroup

HQGroup Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Enough now all of you this shit has to stop.
    Instead of disabling anything just use /hsay next time it will give you a message in color below or just /csay which gives u a text in the middle of screen.
    I agree with Spartan, Downie and Starfish since its easy to close by pressing 0..geez it's not that big deal.
    There is no need for disabling it, besides it has its own purpose..to make people pay attention to the rules.

Now pls when someone makes a suggestion dont argue in it between your personal opinions, it makes a big mess and people forget what the thread is about...

10. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay, I have THE solution for this problem
    Copy and pasta the following code into your %PROGRAMFILES%/Steam/Steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/cfg/autoexec.cfg (create it if you don't have it)
    Code:
    bind 1 "slot0; slot1"
    bind 2 "slot0; slot2"
    bind 3 "slot0; slot3"
    bind 4 "slot0; slot4"
    bind 5 "slot0; slot5"

Now if you press a weapon button, it will first send the command slot0 which is sent when you press 0, making the text box disappear without having to lift your fingers from WSAD for any amount of time. Might need some tuning though, just wrote this down and didn't test it. If it doesn't work, put the following code after the ;. Make sure you copy everything including the space.
    Code:
     wait 1;

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  11. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Eh, chill, it's a discussion, I dont see anything wrong with discussing this.
    Sure, it's easy to press one key, but you can't deny that people are getting annoyed by this (see Tacos and my deal.)
    I never said to disable this command or to disallow it (that was Jeroen's suggestion)
    What I was doing was simple saying that this command can and is annoying for a lot of people, I was just stating facts.
    My side, will never say "lolyea disallow it" because uh, I cant take a decision about how admins are doing their work, so some admins are working with this command and I understand why they do it, but I simply ask if they at least don't do it that much and not because of every single thing, is it a that bad question now?

But hey, rather beeing an ignorant admin, annoying all the people with this box 24/7, because it makes the job so much easier, because warning specific people for specific reasons is hella hard.

12. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You could also just double tap the number key you want to swap to >~>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.