Implemented Some form of points/ranking system on both retake servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Baiyan, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baiyan

Baiyan im so high Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The retake servers seem to be doing quite well lately, more notably the D2 24/7 server, being full quite often after school hours.
    However, one thing I have noticed, is the severe lack of regulars. I honestly don't think that I have seen the same person join more than 5 times, simply because they have no reason to.
    Currently, there is absolutely nothing urging anyone to reconnect to our server again, they can simply just find one of the many nearby, low ping/quite full servers and go on with their day, not having a clue what FoG is. Then you compare this to surf, which has a constant 40+ players throughout the day, and you see the same few faces constantly, and the sense of community on retakes can really seem quite bland and dull.

In retailing, the main focus of a business in terms of sales isn't just to show their product to as many people as they can and get a wide number of consumers, it is to get loyal, dedicated customers, ensuring that you get a constant sale. I feel this logic can be applied to maintaining a game server, getting you consistent players throughout the day and removing the times in which the server has no players.
    This could of course lead to consistent enough players who may eventually apply for admin, making me no longer the only one to handle 2 servers (worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure my unhandled reports is through the roof)

A ranking system we could use that I'm pretty sure we already have, just aren't using is gameMe's ranking system. The previous retakes server I played on used this, and many of us were one for hours a day trying our hardest to get top 10, and it felt (at the time) that it didn't have many flaws. Not sure if it costs anything to turn on, and if it's possible to turn it on on retakes but not other servers, but if it's possible it would be incredible useful.

Not sure about any other plugins or anything that can replicate the same thing a points/ranking system, but if it's possible, I feel like it would greatly improve the amount of regulars we have on the server.
    I know it's a big of a wall of text, but I feel like this would be a genuine improvement.

2. Scob Do

Scob Do Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As a person who plays regularly on retake servers, I've been on the FoG retakes less and less due to the fact I enjoy trying to improve my ranking on another server with a ranking system. A ranking system would be a great addition as it gives a rewarding feeling and a further reason to join back again and again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Dragoon™

Dragoon™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am currently a Community Manager at 2 communities which both host retake servers. I can highly support the idea of a ranking system, but what actually keeps our 'regulars' coming is a VIP status which they can buy for a very democratic price. This brings in donations AND gives the user something to enjoy. We quite often have some streamers/YouTubers/professional CS:GO players on them, which also brings more people to our servers due to advertisement.
    Add me on Steam if you need more information about how our VIP system works.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Both servers actually already were listed on gameMe, just not tracking points (as many people on FFA got annoyed by the chat spam).
    Moved both of them to their own ranking (http://stats.f-o-g.eu/csgo5) and enabled points, should be active immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.