Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - Rendroken

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Rendroken, Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rendroken

Rendroken Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

Alternate accounts

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Rendroken

When did it happen?
    21/09/2018 at ~18:00

What's the specified reason?
    Racism; use of the word "nigga"

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I misunderstood the warnings I was given, and as a very long time player of this server, lifetime VIP for many years and first offender I think it would be a shame to perma ban me over something like that. I have re-read the rules of the server and I now understand that behavior (using slurs in any form) is not accepted in FoG servers and if unbanned I will follow that rule. I apologise for offending the admin present at the time and anyone who witnessed my racist behavior.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. ztreak

ztreak Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I didn't know using the n-word is normal for you. You used it twice in a span of 3 Days didn't know it took you 3 days to read the rules and understand that you can't say slurs in one of our servers.

1. Using the N-word is not okey joking around in you're private calls or private messages we don't care use it in one of our servers you get out of here.

2. It doesn't matter if you have VIP or not we should treat everyone equally.

3. Misunderstanding the warning "Dont use the N-word here" or "Dont use the N-word" i don't know where you from but for me this is a clear warning.

But ye just wanted to point that out

3. Rendroken

Rendroken Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understand.

4. Rendroken

Rendroken Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But I would like the opportunity to stand up for myself. I understand that using racial slurs is completely against the rules, however I wish to make it clear for anyone reading this that it was not used in an aggressive manner. I don't know how to produce evidence like I see in some appeals, but the second time I used the word it was when conversing with another user of the server. It was casual; sure I understand that it is still wrong to use it, but I think there is a difference between someone who uses the word hatefully with intent to harm (with a hard R), and someone who uses it like I did, where it was not the subject of conversation, but merely a way of calling someone.

Again, I understand that all racial slurs are against the rules, but I just wanted people to know i'm not some kind of monster.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Decided to unban you, as the community is going to close in a bit more than 2 weeks anyways.
    HF & GL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.