Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - ♫Flamingo♫

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Caretaker, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caretaker

Caretaker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

Alternate accounts
    None.

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    ♫Flamingo♫

When did it happen?
    Last Night, (June 1st). I got off at about 11:30 PM and got on this morning at about 6:30 PM to see I was banned.

What's the specified reason?
    "Rasicm"

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Okay, hello. I've never had to do this before and hopefully never will have had to again. I will admit. I did type in chat the full n-word. Hard R. But in context, I was making a joke about how a friend of mine said I could say it once a year and I was going to ask if I could "cash in that card now" Even multiple people in chat and someone with a mic said, and I quote "do it lol" So I just typed it in chat. It wasn't directed at anybody, or done in spite or hate. I mean, I'm not a racist person. Plus, I can see why the admin in question did it. I checked the ban listings and it was some admin named "Ramses". I should not have done it, and I knew full well there might have been consiquences. But I didn't aim it at anybody, I was just joking, and nobody said anything about it. The thing was that I did it well before I got off for the night, which I said was 11:30. If I did cause any greif or anyone was offended by it, I truly apologize. And if I am unbanned, (Which I hope I am, because this really is the only server I play on) I will not say it again. I don't have any anger twoards Ramses, because I see his reasonings behind the ban.

2. Matt Ramses

Matt Ramses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That isn't your SteamRep block, this is:
    | steamname: Caretaker
    | steam3ID: [U:1:392792418]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:196396209
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198353058146
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198353058146

Theres a few things that you said in your appeal that I want to bring up. First, I know the context of why you said it, I read your chatlog. Just because people tell you to do it, it doesn't mean that you should do it, its against the rules, its likely that they knew it and they figured you'd get banned, baiting happens all the time, it is still your fault though since you're the one who said it. You also say "I knew full well there might have been consiquences." If you knew there were potential consequences why even take the risk and say it? Despite this, I've decided to shorten the length of your ban to one month, keep in mind that any further bans of this kind will result in a permaban that won't be lifted or shortened. Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.