Declined Rule Suggestion: No Lenny Face

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Pointy, Jun 23, 2015.

?

Rule or nah?

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

47.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quick question, what about the ones putting lenny faces after all of their sentences? And/or the ones putting in the face like every 30 or 60 seconds? Just unsure.

2. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh look matey, I can assure you I wouldn't give less of two bollocks even if lennies were still funny, even I am not bothered by them because, as I have just finished stating, don't give an actual damn about them, nor am I annoyed by the thing itself, it is what follows that is annoying.

You see, when someone starts typing down the chatbox these questionably high quality satirical jokes (can't believe I've had to write this) such as the lennies, "get rekt/shrekt/other variants I'm not aware of" there are always guys following this by spamming, and since we don't want spam in our chats and spam is a reason worth muting/kicking for, so should be for these.

3. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I consider it spam. They are intentionally repeating the same series of characters on (nearly) every message. Imagine if someone posted the same short sentence after each message instead, like "Cat pictures" ?

Spam = spam. If a person says "Cat pictures" in chat once, no mute is needed, even though the term is overused. If a person posts a lenny face in chat once, no mute is needed, even though Lenny faces are demonspawn.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please ban this, yes some people may do it once or twice but most of the time, it is 1 followed by another and another and another by multiple people all to make fun of others when they kill them. Most of the time that is. +1000

5. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    why are you even discussing, rabby and starfish already pointed out how pointless this thread is

0/10 suggestion, spam is spam, lenny is a crap smiley, you can use smileys anywhere in any situation(behind /infront of a sentence,.... nobody would give a fuck) if you ban it, ban any other smiley as well, thx.
    @Smiley@Smiley

spamming lenny simply falls under the no spam rule

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. duke

duke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah seems like anti spam rules already cover this. And to be honest, maybe I just do not see them that often. I will put it down to the fact that Orange Box just attracts a different better type of player. That and they are all too busy snipping to spam chat with Lenny faces :p

7. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No matter what each side you are on this argument; it seems that we all agree on one thing; it is spam

Lenny-users, beware~

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban lenny face, a new face pops up- Ban the new face and a third one come. YOU CAN'T STOP IT.

PS:
    ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (°ᴗƪ)™

9. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just like the head of a hydra.

And I'm sure a new emoticon will be overused as soon as the lenny gets banned.
    So far I'm negative about adding this rule since like others mentioned, the spam rule applies also to this.

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will not add a new rule for every single thing.
    If they do spam it, ban them for spamming, or gag them.
    We won't forbid it entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.