Rejected Restart on surf_rebel_scaz_njv

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by nrnkg1, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When you do !r it spawns you on the down side of the spawn and should be changed.
    For example it should be like on surf_resistance_njv (I think that's how you type it).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also wanna add when there's less then 5 players (I guess) ranks don't load at all,nor any cps and not a single command except !r works.
    edit: Dunno why is it a double post but when I was trying to post,forum was laggy so,sorry,can delete 2nd thread

3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Regarding your second post: if you are playing between 3-7 AM, this is bound to happen, due to the backups running at that time.
    I have played alone / with 1-2 other people quite regularly, and this never regularly happens.

4. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The start on this map consists out of 3 different startzones.
    [​IMG]

Whenever the map is being loaded it's kind of random which zone will be determined as the "first" one and therefore being the endpoint of !r.
    In most cases it's the one on top though for god knows what reason.
    Since it barely happens that the others are being used as !r I don't really see a reason to attempt fixing that and therefore maybe fucking up the startzones. (would lead into having an advantage or disadvantage depending on how good I'd place the new zone.)

Therefore I'm going to reject this. Thanks for the Report nonetheless.

just as a little sidenote in how regular mapspawns work since it was so well written:
    [​IMG]
    She's talking towards the end about us dealing with inconvenient spawns cheatable areas by using another zone.
    What we usually do is we would for example add another zone which would teleport you back to the last zone you entered(which would be in most cases the startzone). Yes I could make the zones on the side of rebel_scaz_njv such a zone, but this would lead into not being able to break the current server record. Since the WR route is currently by jumping off to the side of the upper platform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.