Archived Player Report - gamerking15 hellcase.com STEAM_0:0:201364048

Discussion in 'Player Reports (archive)' started by Dark Red, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Accused
    gamerking15 hellcase.com STEAM_0:0:201364048

Date/time
    16.07.2017 14:10

Server
    TF2 - VS Saxton Hale :: F-o-G.eu - Amplifier - FastDL :: EU2

Description
    Advertisement

Evidence
    I told him it's not allowed to have does links in his name but he ignored me. Eventually i !reportplayered him but nobody came.

https://gyazo.com/443ef8ecaf68ef1a4c478157ff9c9d76

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    How to kill a server [Part 1]
    Ban everyone with a link in his name

I honestly feel like we should stop banning for links in peoples names. By now every second CS:GO player has a link in his name and probably every single link of those is being filtered by steam. If one is stupid enough to copy paste someones link in a name to his browser and log in with your steam account it's his own fault. Steam isn't taking any countermeasures against people with filtered links in their name either, even though they could just prevent you from using it with a simple name filter. I haven't had a single complaint on my servers because someone was advertising a SUPPOSEDLY scam site and they lost all their inventory because of it. Every ban is a player less on your server. Surf is running well, ZE is dying. Surf admins dont ban for links, ZE admins do. (Not questioning anyones actions, they are all according to our rules) Might be a coincidence, though I think it has at least some infulence on ZEs current state.

3. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I do agree with you here.

As an Admin/Regular I enforce the rules. The rules are not made by me, but I have to follow them since I am Admin/Regular and if I don't follow them that would be unbecoming of the position I hold. Some people don't follow that specific rule, which I don't really care about. They are doing their jobs the same way I would. As it is an official rule by n0 and we have to follow the rules as we want to our job right, it therefore doesn't matter if I agree or not with the rule. The rules are simply the rules and I have to do my job. I just want to look like a good Admin/Regular for doing the right things and not be seen as bad by being abusive or letting people break the rules. Like I said, I do agree with you about this specific rule and what is stated above. I am just doing what I 'Have' to do. Also, this has nothing to do with the current ZE state. If I was so I would have take action.

Anyway, this is a player report and we should not talk about this here. You can always create a suggestion or talk to n0 about this with my support.

- Dark Red

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Archiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.