Nuki's private problems - actually, please stay serious

Discussion in 'General' started by Nukiver, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukiver

Nukiver Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please stay serious in the comments, I actually need help because I have no Ideas.

I need help with the following question: How do you stay in shape?

I've been playing Badminton for about 9 Years now. In the past years it's been getting harder and harder to keep motivation but it was there, I had a really good mate (dang this dude is pro) we played together (cuz I was actually the second best player in our club [which is nothing really good, cuz we don't actually have many players my age - or they are actually not good] so it made sense on tournaments) and we had pretty much fun. We made some first places, many third places and lost many games aswell (mostly because of me - no I'm not depressive, I'm just slow cuz I have a lil fat ; staying realistic not negative) and it was fun. Well recently he moved because of his parents and well yeah, now my motivation is just gone. Besides me not going to the badminton club for about 2 months now because of vacation and just not having motivation I talked to my mom and thought about getting out of the club entirely.

Now to the actual problem. My metabolism isn't great, I love food and not moving at all is pretty bad. I'm actually a lil overweight (not too much but it's enough to say it could get unhealthy soon) and I need either motivation or a new sport, or idk. Maybe you guys have some advice / ideas for me.

Just want to make sure once more time. I'm taking this topic serious, so if you on this forum to troll around, please take someone elses time and pick another thread and troll there - Thanks.

2. Nukiver

Nukiver Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not sure if I'm actually going to leave this here, but for now let's see how far this goes.

3. staneo

staneo that guy Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Get a gym buddy and start hitting the gym, an advice is start with the gym slowly the first week, start running outside for 30min - 1hr maybe 3-5 days a week, start cutting down on food that make u fat, maybe start eating less even, and a sport? assuming skiing isnt an option but really i recommend it, uuh rowing these long boats is a sport right so theres an option as well, i played tennis everyday for around 3 months until i quit that since i started noticing my feet were getting bad and i decided to stop. Gl buddy

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Hi im Marcel

Hi im Marcel Yiiiiiiiis Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It feels like you trolling yourself with this Thread tbh xD

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Nukiver

Nukiver Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well I don't

6. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well Nuki, you see, that's a struggle we all can relate with:
    Long story short: I also played tennis for 6 years in order to stay in shape. When university life kicked in, I had to quit. That's why I changed my eating habits, only one meal per day. I obviously don't do any sports, I don't get enough energy by eating only once. If you love eating this won't help you. However, it is my biggest advice though: Always be aware of what you are eating. That's super important. If you are eating Junkfood for example you can go to the gym and pump iron until you are collapsing. Those toxic ingredients will cause a lot of problems no matter what. If you love food you better get into cooking. At least you know that the ingredients are fresh and well prepared. The human being has to move as well. 30 minutes of running per day should do the trick.

7. Zacki

Zacki Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    im surfing for not getting overweight...
    jk! i enjoy dancing with my friends (breakdance)
    idk if thats something for u, but its actually alot of fun! :)

8. Duchess

Duchess Femme's bossy Sugar Lady Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Basically it's burning more calories than you're putting in. Don't bloat yourself with things like bread or pasta unless they're specifically meant for diets. You say you don't move at all and that's a big problem.
    Another is your metabolism. You have to shock that metabolism into shape. Drink a bunch of water and if you drink things like coffee or tea, drink them BEFORE drinking any water, not after. That's really important since your body actually works to warm up any water that is in your body.

But it's mostly taking out what you put in. Walking every day is fine but if you eat shit food that won't matter. If you're out of the sport then you should consider running at least two or three days a week and watching the negative calories in your diet.

Aside from that, I hope you find some motivation. I totally understand this and I'm wishing you the best of luck. ♥

9. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey Nuki, I've got some tips that may help you!
    1. Eat low-carb food. This is essential for losing weigth. Here are some examples: Chicken, eggs, broccoli, salmon, cauliflower and loads more.
    2. Only get a gym if you're motivated enough. Most people quit after 2 weeks, and since you're not really motivated (yet) I'd suggest you to wait for some time until you have the motivation to do so. Perhaps you have any friends that go to the gym? Going with a friend gives you tons more motivation.
    3. Do you have a job? If so, work more! This will make you less lazy and even give you a better income. (Only do this if college/school is currently not a problem for you)
    4. Don't use your debit card/money to much (only use the money in case necessary or if you want to go out for a drink with mates). It becomes tempting to buy something so look out for that. Perhaps don't carry any money with you at all.
    If you do decide to go to the gym, I'll happily make you a training schedule!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.