Resolved Mudkip/Arbiter.

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by Spartan, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have nothing against mudkip, but when i was on source bans the other day, checking the unban went through as dash told me how to bind a ban to a key, as i forgot the " ". So i started looking at bans, and some of mudkips seemed unfair.
    These are some reasons for his bans:
    Camping teleporters after being repeatedly wanred by an Administrator. 30 min ban.

Camping teleporters after being repeatedly wanred by an Administrator. 30 min ban.

Evading a Ban and spamming the mic. how can u evade a ban?

Being an annoying fucking squeaker. 1 hour ban. you cant help your voice.

No fighting in enemy idle area. You were warned multiple times. 30 min ban. there idling they want

to die and get weps...

These seem unjust and unfair reasons, and i think he needs a warning.
    ~Spartan

2. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    These are just my take on them, i'd prefer if Mudkip answered.
    Now if you excuse me i need down another ten bottles of painkillers before my inner-organs try to escape into the sewage line to get away from a bad case of Sickness II - return of the sick.

3. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It would be my pleasure to alleviate your worries.
    First off, my name isn't "arbitter", it's "Arbiter", I'd appreciate it if you spelled it right.
    Next, onto the bans.

These are both self explanatory. There are four ways out of spawn, one of them being the main door, two being the teleporters to the castlewall, and one being skydiving.
    If people camp all the exits, players can't get out of spawn. The rules are there for a reason.
    The players in question were warned repeatedly, and were banned for 1. Breaking Rules 2. Ignoring the Administrator repeatedly.
    I gave them 30-60 seconds to reply to me, several times, and they blatantly ignored me, thus, the temporary ban.

Evading a Ban and spamming the mic. how can u evade a ban?
    I honestly have no idea. He got a 10/30 min ban for talking in Hungarian with a prepubescent girl voice, repeatedly, and then reconnecting to the server so he
    could evade the mute. I gave him a 10 min ban, and he just logged in and joined a team like I didn't even do it after one minute, only to continue spamming. Thus, the 30 min ban.

Being an annoying fucking squeaker. 1 hour ban. you cant help your voice.
    Same as above. English/German is allowed, and he was talking in Hungarian with his friends, all of them well below 12 if their voices are anything to go by. I usually only mute them, but in this case, I got reports whole day long of him spamming the server.

No fighting in enemy idle area. You were warned multiple times. 30 min ban. there idling they want to die and get weps...
    Let me explain this part. When you stay idle at spawn, you are eventually "rolled" down into a hole which leads you to a pit where the enemy team can kill you,
    either to level up stranges, or just for fun. Naturally, fighting in the enemy idle pit is forbidden, considering the pit is exclusively to kill enemies, not to get killed by them.
    Let's say the banned player was on BLU. He deliberately fell into the hole where BLU players go to be killed, and started fighting the opposite team.
    He was warned repeatedly, then slain, then kicked, before I gave him a 30 min ban. This was all reported to me by the other players.

Finally, I'd like to say that I currently remain the only person Moderating the server. Damiensdk logs in sometimes, and I haven't seen TheCoffeeMan in some time.
    Several times a day, I start up tf2 when I get a report from the players that someone is breaking rules, even if I don't feel like it.
    You are, of course, welcome to read all the chat logs if you doubt anything in this post.

I take my position seriously, I wouldn't abuse it just because I can. I'm here to help the players, as we all should.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ok i got the idea of a engineers teleporter, not the warps.
    And the killing in idle area, still not a bad reason.

5. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I must say. In the beginning I was like. Wtf are these some kind of reasons.
    But now you enlightened it. They all make sense.

6. ^FK^ Arbiter

^FK^ Arbiter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's a complex map. You really have to play it to understand. Even after playing for over two months on it, I still don't know how to get to some of the secret areas. Quite fun.

7. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ik all secrete areas :3 i played that map for MONTHS just not with fog :3

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Reasons explained, request closure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.