Implemented Map Suggestions For VSH

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Dark Red, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    cont was suggested before, it got rejected if I recall correctly.

Edit: all other maps look quite good, I would also like to see the following maps in the rotation removed:
    vsh_towertop_final:
    Low quality map that may be really confusing for new players, rng events that can just kill everyone ruining the round, random map floods that can extinguish hale and render pyro more useless
    vsh_barn_night_final:
    Wierd map with a winding tunnel system that people love to camp, making rounds last for way too long, the tunnel system is quite confusing for many players aswell.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. Snorre

Snorre Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would like to see vsh_cont, vsh_newyork and vsh snowdime because they All look pretty interesting. But I dunno about the other Maps. I have never played any og These Maps but they look really boring, almost No detail in most of the maps and just the same colour maked my eyes sweat.

I agree with @dino@dino on the removal of vsh_towertop_final since IT is so boring to Play on. As Dino also said, the rng rounds is literally destroying the map. Pyro is basicslly useless because there is water filled to the top and you can only swim around witch just ruins the fun.

I also would like another map to be removed, I don't remember the name of IT but I can describe IT as boring. It is the map where Everty class is underpowered or annoying but sniper witch is super op. The tunnels is also just annoying. Can Someone help me with the name??

4. Fox Populi

Fox Populi Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I loaded up all of the maps in offline and rocket jumped around for a few minutes of each,everything I say is based on these little tours. If anybody wants to playtest these maps feel free to hit me up so we can try them out in live action. Also to me a fair map is where a hale doesn't need to rage to reach somebody,keep that in mind.

• vsh_cont: Is small,very small.A bit longer than a rocketjump from end to end. I don't think it can fit a full server in it,maybe with 6 people max. Also the whole map is filled with props,moving around in it feels uncomfortable. Noteworthy that I only got around 1/3 of my usual fps which leads me to believe that there are some performance issues too.

• VSH Warebloom Remake: By the looks of it engies/heavies can camp in a few place where they become unreachable if the hale won't rage. Otherwise it's all good.

• VSH Nale b1e:Bit long for my taste but i can't see any real problem with it.

• Vsh_NewYork: No problem here.

• vsh_lobster_shore:No problem here.Creator throws some shades at Dust_Showdown +1

• vsh_jealo: No problem here.

• VSH Snowdime: Underground section is filled with corridors,tunnels and props.Outside feels a bit "blocky",nothing really interesting going on there,it feels more like a market gardener/airshot arena instead of a vsh map.

My verdict:

+VSH Warebloom Remake
    +VSH Nale b1e
    +vsh_newyork
    +vsh_lobster_shore
    +vsh_jealo
    -vsh_cont
    -VSH Snowdime B2

On the topic of bad maps:
    Barn Night:Everything what the others said,plus its so dark that i have to turn my gamma to the max to be barely able to see the Christian Brutal Sniper.

Dust showdown:No terrain to maneuver around,no props to use to our advantage or lure people into them as hale.It's just an empty space,with nothing interesting in it.

Lake:Big and open, a sniper heaven. Plus that sniper tower is barely reachable as hale.

Minecroft:Also a bit too dark. The spells are way too powerful,no useful props,the lamp posts are buggy so you can get stuck in them. It's just a meme map.

North mountain:Again,too big,no buildings or props to use for maneuvering (most noticeable as HHH jr.)

Towertop:Just no...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. ✪Ahqua

✪Ahqua Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nobody likes barn_night and there are unreachable spots and so dark that cbs is nearly impossible to see. But why you hating on cont. It’s a fun map and there are nearly no other maps this size which makes it a great late night snack and let’s be real. The server is not full that often.

6. ✪Ahqua

✪Ahqua Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also, there are no unreachable spots on warebloom. If you are refering to the spawn spot on the barrels: the door is breakable and if ur camping on the barrels you have to crouch and if hale super jumps and immediately crouch you wont take the knockback once on the barrels. @Fox Populi@Fox Populi

7. Fox Populi

Fox Populi Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well i agree it could be fun with a smaller group of people but with the usual 10-14 people on the server i think it's a bit much,but I'm not a fun of the boxy nature of the map (mainly because for me it's uncomfortable to move around) so i might be biased :D
    We have worse (IMO) current maps then VSH_Cont so I'm not gonna be salty if it gets added. (Fps is still an issue tho,but i wouldn't be surprised if something in my settings is causing it)

On waterbloom,when i checked back on the spawn room with the barrels i realised that the ceiling is curved so jumping up there doesn't seem to be bad as i first thought. But i still think that the following spots are unreachable:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These spots are really minor problems,I still want to see the map added.

Then again i never played an actual match on these maps so you guys really shouldn't listen to me. (⋟﹏⋞)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added:
    • vsh_warebloom_r1c (remake)
    • vsh_nale_b1e
    • vsh_newyork
    • vsh_lobster_shore
    • vsh_jealo
    Removed:
    • vsh_towertop_final
    • vsh_barn_night_final
    • vsh_dust_showdown_final1
    • vsh_lake_b3
    • vsh_north_mountain_pb
    Kept minecraft in rotation, as it actually is one of the more popular maps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.