Mafia - A New Era

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by The Great Amalgam, Mar 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great Amalgam

The Great Amalgam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A town in the midst of chaos. Secrets are hidden between everyone, some obscure, others very important. This is the town of Gerron. A town of Mafia.

That’s right, I’m bringing the game of Mafia to this forum. For those unaware, mafia is a game of logic, mystery, and crime. The goal of the game is for the villagers to root out the mafia and lynch them. But at the same time, it is the mafia’s goal to kill the villagers every night.

Now then, it wouldn’t be a game of mafia without people. So for the first game, there will be 8 players. Out of these 8 players, 4 of them will have special roles. Since this is the first game, we will go very basic with the special roles, but later games will get more complicated.

The roles that will be in the game will be the Sheriff, Medic, Mafia, and the Villager.

Two of you will be members of the Mafia. Every night, which will be specified later, the two of you will have to decide who to kill, and you must agree. Your goal is to kill off everyone and make it so that their number is equal to the living villager count, which does add in the Sheriff and the Medic. So, to win, you must have it be 2:2, 2:1, or 1:1.

One of you will be the Sheriff. The Sheriff is part of the village. Every night, the person will decide who to is part of the Mafia or not. They can use this information to try and get one of the members of the mafia killed, or save someone. The problem is, if they reveal themselves, the Mafia can easily kill the person the next night.

One of you will be the Medic. The Medic is part of the village. Every night, the person will decide who to save. Meaning if they save someone who is killed by the Mafia that night, they won’t die. Keep in mind, the Medic can in fact save themself, but it might cost someone else's life. If you save someone that isn’t being killed by the Mafia, nothing will happen. Also, the Medic can not save themselves or others from being lynched.

The rest of you will be the Villager. The Villager doesn’t have anything unique about them, but that doesn't make them unimportant. The Villager is extremely helpful in the lynching stage.

Lynching is what happens at the end of every day. After vigorous amounts of debating and decision making, everyone who is alive will vote for who to lynch. It doesn’t have to be an unanimous votes only a majority, which is why killing the mafia is so important.

Now then, when I say Day and Night, I don’t actually mean, Day and Night. Since time zones exist and also not everyone can make it in time, they will actually be longer.

A day will equal a total of 72 hours, so you will have three days.

A night will equal a total of 24 hours, so you will have one day.

Just so we are all on date, any time that I use will be based on Central Standard Time (CST).

During the day, you will post in the forum page for the specific day. And during the night, all interactions will happen in DMs/Conversations.

Now then, there will be rules for this game like any other game. I assure you they aren’t that hard to follow:

1. The General Rules of the Forums.
    2. Do not discuss what is going on with other members without informing me and inviting me.
    3. Be active, a game with no active mafia isn’t fun to play at all.
    4. Do not cheat.
    5. If you are not in the games, please do not post.

If you have any further questions, do please ask. I am always willing to answer anything. If you do wish to join in the game, then go ahead and ask in this forum. First come first serve of course, but there will also be substitutes in case someone drops out or can’t make it. We will start at an undetermined time once we get 8 people signed up.

All slots are open.

I will send you a DM of when we will start and what role you will have. I can’t wait to see you all. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.