Implemented Limit extension votes

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by nrnkg1, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not to be 3 per person,but to be 3-4 per map max. Because at l8 night people just press random numbers when vote pops up so it can just go away (me for example) and some of donos/admins/whatever spam 5-10 in a row and it turns out we play the map for almost 2 hours. Pretty sure a lot of people already complained but never wrote an actual post.

2. Hi im Marcel

Hi im Marcel Yiiiiiiiis Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    max dono extends are 3 per map!

3. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bs,seen way more when ur friendzies were trolling. If donos are limited 3per map,admin extends should be too to smth like that cause of some admins.. :D

4. Hi im Marcel

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Admins cannot extend and u can max extend 3 times with dono.

5. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yesterday or day before,there was atleast 5 votes.. What do you mean

6. Duchess

Duchess Femme's bossy Sugar Lady Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    it's 3 to 4 max with extend votes PERIOD per dono. But it's limited. Only people who have donated can vote to !extend the map and no matter how many there are in a server, only 3 - 4 votes can come up. There can be an entire server full of donators but it's limited. So aka someone who donated can max extend 3 - 4 times (it's not per PERSON it's per MAP). There is no way anyone could extend more aside from map votes. Admins have no decision in this UNLESS THEY ARE DONATOR.

Map extend votes (not !extend but votes that are the last on each map vote at the end of a map) can be used 3 - 4 times. A K A

If the map gets extended, it's the server's decision. ...That's why it's a vote. lmao

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Even so,like said,people just press random button so it goes away since it's getting voted after every minute if guy's a troll. That's kinda the point of what I'm trying to say. People like me (and I know sum) just press random buttom that could be no vote or no or yes,doesn't really matter just for the menu to go away >.<

8. Hi im Marcel

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your problem if u just press random buttons lul

9. Duchess

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's why we changed it.
    At first, the vote portion of extend was just
    1. Yes
    2. No

But we changed it so that the first vote can be No Vote so that people who don't care what they're pressing don't matter. People who don't care about what map is next.
    So instead of Yes, No. It's No Vote, Yes, No.
    This was taken care of earlier because of massive vote extends and people pushing for Yes because it was the first vote they see.
    Yes is now number 3. So if they vote yes, they want it.
    TLDR: If they vote for Yes, they want it.

10. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We're kinda going out of proportion of what I wanted to say. I'm not complaining about map being extended for whatever time it gets,I'm complaining about SPAM VOTES we get on our screen every 30 damn seconds.
    From what I've figured/heard/understood on server,donos get 3 VOTES per MAP (correct if I'm wrong) but if there's 5 of them,they can do 3 EACH which would result in a 15 votes but if all votes passed (example) only 3/4 will be accepted because that's the MAX extension (correct if wrong). Because like said,i'm not complaining about map being extended for any amount of time,I'm complaining about that VOTE menu that's so annoying that WE have to press random button just to get rid of it. If it's 3-4 extension MAX accepted or whatever,wouldn't it make sense that vote gets "disabled" completely because it's gonna be irrelevant?
    Like said I might be wrong and correct me because that's how people,including admins explained and I'm still being confused. If it's happens again I'm gonna try to get a demo out of it or something,but we played a map and got about 6-7 votes in a row,it's literally so annoying. Especially for people who use other menus while playing such as !cp.

11. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To quote Duchess:

12. Duchess

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You...You can't extend a map 15 times. I explained why.
    We had a thing a little while ago that you couldn't spam !extend all at once. Dunno if that's a thing still or if it broke but I get what you're saying.

13. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dunno what was the previous problem because I wasn't aware but I guess it could be the same
    I'm not saying you can extend,I'm saying you can put a vote up. I just gave an example.
    Here's another:
    Dono puts a vote 3 times a row - everyone votes no; another dono does the same then another and another which ends up in a lot of votes (from what I've seen,dunno what happend,who did it or whatever,I just know that there was 5+ votes in a short period).
    Like said: "15 votes but if all votes passed (example) only 3/4 will be accepted because that's the MAX extension (correct if wrong)."

14. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As others have said, the maximum amount of allowed extends is currently set to 3 per map, not per person.

What I think you mean is that you can basically spam extend votes even if the previous vote failed (aka. !extend -> vote failes -> directly use !extend again).
    It seems like the plugin indeed does not respect the usual SM vote cooldown, which would prevent this (currently set to 30 seconds).

Will look into modifying the plugin so it actually isn't spammable anymore soon(tm).

15. nrnkg1

nrnkg1 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guess that's a thing. Hopefully it gets resolved/fixed because in last couple of days there's a lot of trolls who just like doing it.
    I know (or I knew that only 3 can be "accepted" as extension) that 3 is max but when voted YES,but if people vote no,votes keep coming I guess..

16. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated the plugin to now respect the global vote cooldown of 30 seconds.
    While it is active, no new votes can be started.

Deployed on all servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.