Implemented Jump Map Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by WingsWithoutBird, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WingsWithoutBird

WingsWithoutBird Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, this time, with this suggestions, Im trying to help the newcomers to the server and trying to keep the old ones.

Starting on the suggestions for the newcomers:
    -!help - like !benefits, it would be a help menu so that the newcomers could see which commands are available and what they do. (Im speaking with experience that some commands help a lot and some people dont know about them like !cp, or even how to save).

But, Wings, if they dont know about the other commands how could they know about this one?
    Thats right, so i thought about a welcome message, like in the /hsay format, or any other, explaining that !help is available. (I just want them to know it exist, because from !help they would know all the others).

!help would have (doesnt have to be in this order):
    [HELP]
    -!benefits - shop/store (i dont know how to call it)
    -!ap - shows how much ap you have
    -!save [number] - Save up to 30 checkpoints (most people dont even know about this)
    -!tele [number] - Go to the desired checkpoint
    -!cp - allows you to controll your checkpoints (save/delete/teleport)
    -!delete [number] - delete desired checkpoint (note: its not possible to have like the checkpoint 10 without the checkpoint 9, so if you delete the chekpoint 10, the other checkpoints after 10 will decrease one number)
    -!superman - Prevents you from taking any damage
    -!syncr - helps with the timing on sync jumps
    -!showkeys - shows the pressed keys of the spectated player
    -!fp / !tp - switch between first person and third person
    -!timer - (if implemented)
    -!hide - hides other players
    (...) (cant remember any other, i will write on the comments if i remember another one)

So as you know, the jump server has only 1 map (which for me is the best map for starting jumping, as you can go from a 0 skill level to a pretty high level) jump_4starters, and when im there i see that some good players, just enter the server, complete the map in 30/40 min (demo and soldier) and then they leave.
    To try to keep them a bit more time there, or just so they feel challenged again (like when they couldnt complete the map), i would like to introduce a timer on each course.
    - !timer - It starts a cronometer that only the person can see and It stops when you reach the final control point of each course. (I think that, because the objetive is to create more competivity between pro, players the final time should be showed on the chat like [TIMER] [name of the player] Course A - 1:00 min).

This would bring more competivity between the pro players and aswell they would want to stay a bit more to practice their speedrun strats or some specific levels.

About the last implements, i just need to say that !syncr is working really well (i tried it myself sometimes just to check it) but !superman i had myself some problems like dieing with it turned on, or when u go to spectators it turns off even if it tells you it is on (so i have to write the command twice to have it on again), if possible to fix, would be great.

Just one more thing, I did a bit of a research and i found that to much plugins on a server, may lead to lag or delay on it, i dont know if thats true or not, but even if i think that this plugins would be helpfull, no lag/delay on a jump map is much more important, believe me.

Thank you for reading,
    Until next time,

Wings

2. WingsWithoutBird

WingsWithoutBird Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    forgot about the !radio one :^)

3. WingsWithoutBird

WingsWithoutBird Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just one more little thing, It would be great if the !timer could save the personal best on each course :^)

Wings

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1.) Added a !jhelp command (!help conflicts with SM's help), which also advertised to players once they spawn the first time after connecting (to avoid spam).
    Alias: !about
    2.) Fixed !superman chat message - if you die, the flag which keeps track if you have enabled superman or not will be reset now.
    3.) It doesn't really matter how many plugins there are on the server. You can have thousands of plugins and the server will still work fine.
    The only thing is, what those plugins are doing. If they are doing heavy number crunching on each frame, the server performance will suffer.
    Most of them are simple chat or db-related plugins though, so it doesn't really matter
    .4) Timer - not going to happen. Afaik, there are no public timer plugins for TF2 available and the game is far too dead for me to invest development time into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.