i dont get the point system

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by (SWE), Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (SWE)

(SWE) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    gameME: lol pop (21,417) got 25 points for killing <LoL ninja>(SWE) (73,286)

why am i worth 25 points? is it cuz i got them dank memes or a bug?

2. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    its cuz pú$$y to good

3. Enstage

Enstage Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you really do care, there's an algorithm that GameME uses, basically the greater the percentage difference between your points and the points of the person you killed, the more points you get (server owners can set a maximum point amount, otherwise some people could get like 1000 points a kill, in this case the limit is 25 which is default; there is also a minimum points number, which is usually 2).

This allows new players to reach the top faster, and makes it harder for those at the top of the ranking to hold their position at the top of the leader board, which is supposed to force more competitive game play; the aim of GameME stats.

Point #1 here explains exactly how its calculated: Fortress of Gamers Statistics - Help

From that page, is this:
    Code:
    Killer Points = Killer Points + (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5
    Victim Points = Victim Points - (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.