Declined Halloween mode on JB

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by [Fag] Danny797, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Fag] Danny797

[Fag] Danny797 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't have a problem with all of the Halloween mode features, but these 2 have gotten on my nerves for a while.

My first problem is the fly set for engie (aka Buzz Killer) that makes the engie's voice very high pitched and gives it a weird effect, which at first it's funny but once spammed with taunts (such as Kazotsky Kick or Dueling Banjo) it becomes extremely irritating and in some cases people can't hear the warden because of it's amazingly loud voice lines, it becoming an even bigger problem if the warden's mic is low.

My other is the Thriller taunt which has made many rebelling attempts in vain because of it's high chance to overwrite the taunt the player wanted to do for example: the Showdown taunt for heavy (aka Pootis Pow). "The taunt has a 60% random chance upon hitting the taunt button" this means as a rebeller your success at taunt killing a guard becomes a game of luck which I'm sure not everyone finds it enjoyable.

Other than these 2 problems I think the cosmetics sets's (costumes) special voice lines are a nice addition to JB, given it's sometimes joke(~ish) vibe. If only these 2 problems could be resolved, while still having Halloween mode active, it would be perfect, otherwise I opt for disabling the mode altogether.

2. Svarten

Svarten Maximal Effort Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The Buzz Killer set has been killing me lately, engineers doing nothing but Kazotsky kick every third second just to activate a highpitched scream that roars over almost the entire map. I have seen players literally leave the server because of one motherflower engineer.

I do enjoy halloween mode with all the different and unique cosmetic sets that comes with it, but at the moment, I'd rather see it gone than having to listen to a fly roar every 3rd second.

The person being engi also tends to completely ignore the ongoing round and only focus on hitting G every 3 secs.

Thanks Danny for bringing this up.

3. Ducks Are People Too

Ducks Are People Too Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my opinion, you shouldn't be allowed to taunt with the fly set. Everything else about the plugin is not a problem. But since its just an annoyance, I would say a warning would be good and a kick if it continues, then if it still continues, a ban.

You don't need to sacrifice the whole plugin, so you get to keep the cosmetics but you just wouldn't have to listen to a person on helium imitating a breaking mirror constantly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. The Acidic Ham Man

The Acidic Ham Man Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There’s really nothing more to add than what has been said, but I completely agree about the engineer problem with the fly set and I think it’s just purely to annoy others which, as said, can make people leave and/or despise the abuse of this from the certain person, and it brings the overall positivity in the community lower due to abusing this annoying feature.

5. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will not disable the “Halloween mode“

Getting annoyed by the taunt could be applied to any taunt no matter the pitch, you using the “Thriller Taunt“ every now and then isn't that major of a problem(espacially not after the rule to not taunt kill block ways was added)

Closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.