Gun Mettle Update is crap.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by [BJJ Competitor] Park, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [BJJ Competitor] Park

[BJJ Competitor] Park Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guys tell me what do you think about the update?
    I think it's crap because they just copied the CS:GO stuff.
    I mean R.I.P. Tf2 at least for now.
    No ideas or imaginaton Valve.

2. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dont actually think this update is as bad as people say, the whole "TF:GO" stuff.. yeah they added skins and missions but the gameplay will never be the same.

3. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So were not gonna mention the major weapon changes?
    Or the new maps, including Snowplow?

Get your head out of your ass.

4. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You have admit, the new taunts are hilarious. I mean, just look at this image with this song:

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;7Us4WHDmfeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Us4WHDmfeA[/video]

5. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Glad I quit tf2 when I did now.

6. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The thing that's hyped the most, the Gun Mettle game mode is crap, the colored weapons are stupid and are just there to make you waste six dollars. I also dislike the idea of picking up other people's weapons.

However, I'm enjoying the improvements made to the weapons, especially the Big Earner buff, new maps are always awesome and I think the newest taunts are better than what we had before.

The general idea is just a dumb way for you to spend more money on colored weapons, but the weapon changes and the new maps are more than enough to make up for it.

7. Dr.Toxic

Dr.Toxic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well i would agree with you the new update is crap but the taunts are actually pretty awesome :D

Well why the update is crap? since TF2 has its own style of gameplay.

I have never seen the soldier drop his weapon ever even in the comics!

What am just saying is that this update is actually one of the worst they just copied their other game which is CS:GO and put it on TF2 to make TF:GO.

8. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't mind the skins, I don't mind the campaign, I like the taunts, I like the maps (especially Borneo) and I love the re-balancing.

I wouldn't want another update like this, especially after a seven-month update drought, but by all means it's not a bad update.

Also, we're getting closer to TF2 competitive. Details for a beta pass item and beta menus for matchmaking have been put in the game.

9. Chale

Chale Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I honestly thought that the update will be a massive disaster, but in the end I realized that it ain't so bad. Skins are okay I guess, the weapon changes are nice but only thing I don't really like is picking up weapons on the ground.

10. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [rant]

I don't think it's exactly "bye tf", but people are trying to outbalance the fact that this shit is blatant payroll (not to mention the poor-ass comic attempting to win you over) with "oh but look at these weapon updates and three maps" one of which was withheld from a previous update.

Taunts are good, but will never out-weigh the rest of it.

I haven't sat back and actually thought 'Oh, they're doing this because they think it will be a creative and fun addition to the game', no; they're doing this entirely because it's making money with little effort, along with egotistical shit-hawks announcing that their skin is much better than anybody elses.

We already have strange weapons, now we have these additional items you get from pouring even more money into TF AND you can pick them up in-game as an enticement to buy them so you can preserve your very own ego in the hands of another. Perhaps if they were addons for the already-existing strange weapons, I wouldn't judge so harshly.

Also, operation coins made me laugh.

I used to think Valve were adding things that would enhance TF's diversity of play styles, now all I really see is recycled marketing techniques.

If you like this update, then by all means throw your money at them, but this is my opinion and I'm welcome to it.

Hopefully the next one won't be so much panning for gold.

TL;DR:

Update was a cash-in, uncreative 'refresher' to TF2 with no real purpose other than 'how little effort can we put in to make some money?'.

Skins are fugly.

Lol operations.

Open your fucking eyes please.

[/rant]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I love the update.

Changing from something old to something new that doesn't impact the game in a terrible way isn't something I'd classify as bad.

Sure, the skins thing and the whole contract stuff might be a blatant ripoff from CS:GO. But hey, they recycled crates and keys into CS:GO and Dota2, and even gave Dota2 customization on the heroes, just like we can customize our mercenaries.

Balance changes together with the new maps are adding up to a more and unique experience. Snowplow finally makes its way into the game as an official map; better late than never.

The contracts awarding these weapon reskins are fully optional, so if you don't like it, don't pick these up. Simple as pie. You can still aim for what's a prettier australium coated weapon.

The whole weapon pickup part, I seriously don't see what's the major issue here. Is it purely because Counter-Strike was first to let you pickup the fallen weapons of allies and foes?
    If we assume you couldn't do that in Counter-Strike, would you still call it a bad thing?
    I really don't see the problem here; enemies still drop the expected ammo for you to refresh with.

You have basically been given an optional choice of swapping your weapon with the one on the ground.

TL;DR:

This update is great.
    The whole pickup weapon thing and contract stuff is 100% optional.

12. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, if you do not want to take part in any of that stuff, this update is 99% shit 1% re balance.
    Practically another useless update, it does not add new diversity apart from the new gun skins and the re balance.
    The idea that you can swap out guns is a nice one as sometimes, you need that loch n load people. Sometimes shoes do not cut it!

Sorry to people who think these new taunts are good. They are a re-make of the old taunts given slightly different music and animations.
    If I went on JB it would be a taunt day all day.
    There is literally a re skin of the conga.
    Another identical taunt.
    Another waste of MB.
    Another shit update.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG] @Tranquilla@Tranquilla
    The new taunts are amazing.
    I don't care what anyone else says.

These taunts are beast. And I am sure a lot of other people agree with me on that matter.

Some of you may not like it, but read the image above.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  14. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry I forgot the game is 'Taunt fortress 2' where loads of people choose to sit and taunt rather than play the actual game.

Taunts used to be good as a kill cam thing where people would make people more determined than ever to kill that player for taunt after kill.
    Now
    they
    just
    ruined
    the
    game
    for
    me.

15. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreed
    Don't know why everyone hate this update. Actually they don't hate it. They just say " Oh this update is crap this is not tf2 anymore " ect. But ingame what they do? Partying and enjoying the new taunts bla bla this is the best update they say.

They just copy paste opinions each other.
    What do I mean ?
    Someone says that this is bad update , it's the worst and...., okay that's your opinion. What do the others who have just read this do? They just agree with him and writing the same.

I don't think this update is bad.
    Actually the opposite.
    I enjoy the new update and weapons.
    About the taunts? Hah.....

16. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    About the taunts? They arnt taunts anymore. Thats my issue.

"A remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone."

17. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Picking up weapons was never part of the game as it's a respawn, select your kit and go situation, in CS it's always been a game feature for a very good reason because the meta game is based on a one life system with a buy menu in which you have to earn for each round to gain better weapons. Depending on how you well you are doing against your opponent you can trade out your under-dog weapons for something considerably more powerful after winning the round should you need too.

Why would you ever need to do this in TF2 other than what I mentioned there, you're gonna test run some reskinned default weapons? And no, needing to actually pick up weapons that have ammo in them is not an acceptable reason, it's never been an issue before so why is it suddenly a reason?

It's less of a feature and more of a way to entice people to buy things, nothing to do with CS.

18. duke

duke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like it. I like the taunts and I like the balance changes. I have not tried any of the new maps and I am too cheap to spend 7 bucks on the missions. But so far I like it. It might indeed be an easy way to make money. But so were hats. Its a free to play game and as long as Valve are making money off it, they will keep adding content. I know they added another 22/23? weapon models to the game files. So at least it promises more.

All I know is that I have had fun dancing like a Russian., had fun watching spies try to stack boxes and had a lot of fun trying out the different weapons that have been changed. The air strike is now a lot of fun. Starting out with 4 rockets is great. The liberty launcher is now a viable weapon again. The heavy buffs are good; pushing into a sentry is now a lot more possible. Even the wee booties have opened up a new way to plat the demoman. This patch while not everything I want. Was a fantastic step in the right direction. While I will not pay for any of it. I will reap the benefits of re-balanced weapons and new maps I get to play on. (If I ever try anything other than Orange Box at least:p)

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's one way to look at it, I'd prefer to look at ways it can be useful.

A very simple example could be a soldier that survived a battle against another soldier. The defeated soldier drops a black box.
    The winner can now pickup a weapon that will help him survive a little longer, if he chooses so.

There's plenty of other reasons, but that's one scenario.

20. TheProcave

TheProcave Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The update is fine, i don't know what you are all talking about,
    as Jozan already told us, they are Optional you don't need to pay for it like it's some kind of requirement.
    The taunts are funny, and i think they are all community created.
    The skins are funny and i love it! (Also since i got alot of manoy of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.