Free game - 'Reciever'

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Pruu, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [YOUTUBE]watch?v=NmqterXyc-w[/YOUTUBE]

"The free game klaxon is sounding. Should you answer its call within the next seven hours, you'll get a free copy of Wolfire's Receiver. It's a procedurally generated cyberpunk gun sim—modelling a weapon's every available interaction. It's good, and you can get it for nothing from the Humble Store.

In Receiver, you track down a series of tapes across randomly generated levels. Between you and them are a number of autonomous threats, from sentry turrets to hovering patrol bots. No big deal, you just need to shoot them, right? Yeah, kind of.

Each separate weapon interaction is mapped to a different key. To reload, you don't just press 'R', but rather a series of keys to eject, discard and replace a magazine. Whereas in most games, guns are a magical conduit for a character's ability to murder up his foes, in Receiver, guns are just a machine to be operated.

Head over to the Humble Store to get your free copy. Once redeemed, the game can optionally be activated through Steam."​

- PCGamer

- Straight link: https://www.humblebundle.com/store (enter your email address, it's under the summer sale calender).

2. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you! The game's awesome

3. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Played an obscene amount of time with it right now which was a total of 4 minutes. My eyes hurt.

4. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have had the game for some time now and I still haven't beaten it. Mostly because there's always a turret/hovercraft right around a corner when you can't see them. Hovercrafts follow you btw.

5. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks!

EDIT: Turns out that I couldn't see for the most part, and I couldn't changes the controls. I stayed on the game for a face-melting 24 minutes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Danke Pruu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.