Declined Force players who use the !resizeme command to be friendly

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by zefeel, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Of course there are no reports. Misterxxx used to say that he paid for these weapons, and that it is allowed. Most people then procceded to call the server shit and leave. But anyway, this thread isn't about custom weapons.

2. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I myself as a VIP always friendly when I resize. Unless I'm anti camping. But it sounds like a good idea to force friendly. +1

4. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree with the idea, this was meant to bring fun, not only a load of VIP 'pro' people.

5. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will support the forced friendly if it is only for sizes under the normal size.

6. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The resizeme command has led to many difficulties on servers likes this, and this should be widely suggested, as it is abused and exploited. I believe that your suggestion will assist and keep stress off those who are not VIPs, and keep it fun for all. Another suggestion would to be, rather than just becoming into the !friendly command, is to make it so they can't get in the way, since friendlies' hit-boxes are still apparent, and will get in the way of battle.

This post is about not custom weapons, but !resizeme commands. The thing is, it is constantly abused, causing new players, to get frustrated and leave the server, never to come back. Making them friendly when they are resized will not only attract more new players, but keep it for safe, fun play, for all players to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  7. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just bumping this, trying to make sure it doesn't get forgotten.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  8. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well. If you weren't friendly when large there would be lots of snipers saying "All your heads look bloody twelve-feet tall".

Still agree with this idea, +1.

9. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Here's what I think.

The current situation of VIP is that they have access to custom hat unusual effects, resize, robot and some chat features. These sound promising and cosmetic enough on the trade server, a place that is intended for traders to meet eliminating any other activities to be the main objective.
    It's therefore important to ask the question: What is an unfair advantage or what would be fine for a "donator privilege"?

Here I think n0:name has made a good job by not being like the saigns folks, but rather harmless features that yet give the donator the desired product.
    Such as the round-end immunity on dustbowl for instance: A team has already been declared a winner and any further kills are just simple kills without an effect on the gameplay that do not hinder the opposing team.

To stand out in the trade server is a natural desire, because it's often where people like to show up their outfits and accomplishments (Like a super duper expensive unusual). Killing in the trade server serves good to kill time while you wait for trades and to just have a little fun. Since it's an endless deathmatch for the most part and a non-serious server at that, it makes little sense why you would restrain the donator's fun. After all, he paid for that. And not every donator gave the "lifetime" payment, which means their time being one is limited. Don't spoil their fun while they still got it.

Not to mention, you can't put a leash on everything that's annoying. People find the Force-A-Nature annoying, the Phlogistinator annoying and so on. Going by the thread of this argument's logic, let's just go ahead and ban those weapons from use in the trade server as well.

That is all.

10. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    TBH Unusual effects should be removed from trade but that's beside the point.

11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I heavily object to that suggestion in any case.
    That's a harmless and perfectly fine feature. There's hardly any drawback from fake unusuals except the fun moments when someone actually believes there exists an unusual gibus.

12. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There are many drawbacks including people using it for scamming.

13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Going to be honest, if you get fooled by seeing a non-purple item and you still consider it an unusual, you really got only yourself to blame.

Not to mention but if this was happening, I think it'd just be better to report it to n0:name who can revoke the VIP instead of removing what is genuinely a fine benefit.
    If I ever get donator, I'm hell-bent on making my summer hat get sunbeams and my BMOC from Anthelion Blizzy storm.

14. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The unusual thing is, that i think the effect is still there even after trading it, because if im not donator and i've set a unusual effect on one of my hats, it'll still be there, even after my donor status is gone.

15. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guys, please keep it on topic, this thread is not about unusual hat effects.

16. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Of course. But as a final word; we'd have to remove the custom unusual hat feature on every server if that was such a problematic issue.

Regarding the main topic, what can I say that hasn't been said?
    This really sums it up.

17. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's not even the main topic, though...

I agree with thread title, do it and be done with this whole section.

18. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I support the idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.