[FoGa] Spartan Admin Abuse Report

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by (EvilS) Swuft, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So i was playing some jailbreak today as usual and decided to go as blue because there was only 1 blue and every round was just a cycle of rebel after rebel after about the 3rd round Spartan asks me if i have a mic , I do but i cannot use it so i try and cough instead so i can show i have one, then he asks me to go warden so i do as a joke, short story is that he bans me for 10000 minutes for not having a mic, this is only a couple hours after an arguement in steam chat, here is a picture of the ban he gave me
    steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373082712

Of course i was upset by recieving a 166 hour ban from guards but i knew that i was in the wrong for not having a mic even if the ban seemed a bit too long, the round finishes and we have a normal day with spartan now a warden, we go onto the yellow line then spartan says that all the reds are now called "swuft sucks" at this point i was already considering a report when shortly after he says this in chat
    http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27353154571932736/A0CCBCC67D19A76A4661141BA73D56D94ADDD177/

I hold no grudges with spartan and dont want him to be punished for this but i do feel slightly offended and sad knowing that i wont be able to play as a guard for what is most likely months since guardbans are for the amount of time in playtime on the server

Still don't know how to find the chat log but I found the two messages by filtering Swuft in chat for that day
    ~Swuft

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Surely this belongs in ban appeals instead then?

3. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry still learning about the forums hopefully someone can move it >_<

4. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well this...
    I don't know about the Ban and 166 hours seems odd, but I'm not a JB admin so that is not to me to judge.
    And the chatlogs....
    It's some immature fun and clearly a joke, JB is a server full of memes and it doesn't surprise me someone would go along.
    This isn't really something worth making a report about IMO with the given evidence.
    Note:
    Steam Link doesn't work for me btw.

5. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Kinda sorta, JB is a place of drama proven by its takeover of any issue area.

I don't know where to go with this one to be honest, it's not exactly super problematic, but it certainly isn't acceptable to offend someone enough they actually made a report (you seem a decent enough guy to do it with proper reason) - joke or not.

As for the ban, that's on him to provide an answer too - I'd just drop JB altogether if I were you anyway.

6. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry but the pictures didn't work, he says basically that I suck and swallow (you know what I mean) and the other one is him giving me the 10000 minute ban

7. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Use [/ img] without the space between / and img.

For example, [img] directpicture.link [/ img]

8. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks this should help greatly ^_^

P.s I thought it was something wrong on my part it's just I need to get a picture not a link but to do that I will need to go on my computer to zoom in the picture, I will most likely do this tommorrow or something but thank you for the help

9. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    At first I think that ban on you is way too long and should be removed or decreased in time. Since a while we have a wonderful section in our Guideline regarding ban lengths & severity which clearly states:

On the second part I think this is inappropriate behavior for an admin (especially one who tries to get VA). No matter how chaotic Jailbreak is how high the "troll level" is, the most important part is to stay mature and not lower yourself to that level. Maybe it was just a joke maybe it is not, but with only text chat it is hard to see the intentions of it.

10. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The report is mainly about the 10000 minute ban because I know that chat usually says stuff like this and so have I but yes it is un-admin like and yes it is offensive

(The "no he swallows" was just after he made an order saying that every red is now called Swuft sucks, now do you get what I mean?)

11. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1) Do not try and make it seem soo bad. It was so long as I have banned you around 60 times before hand. If you are never going to be willing to go warden, you shall just receive longer and longer bans IMO. You have been playing for around a year, never willing to go warden and always get banned, it was time for a very long ban.
    2) We like to joke to each other and he would say things to annoy me or change his names to annoy me, lets not make it personal and in this ban appeal eh Swuft, you have done similar things to me and I wont get into that.

12. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Spartan@Spartan, a 166 hour ban is too long of a time even if he has past bans, as Chickpoint pointed out, the normal ban length is 60-120 minutes, now, bending it to something like 3 or 4 hours wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this is just an overkill. You can't bend the rules past their breaking point, you already broke them.

Also, you say that you and Swuft joke around a lot. There's a huge difference between name changing and guard banning someone for over one hundred hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  13. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Twasnt talking about the ban, I will however edit the ban to around 5 hours. I will not go less, he has a working mic and he always trys to get away with being on blue without going warden even though he might need to and it is just not right.

ON EDIT: I did't even mean it to be that long , was 1 too many 0's.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  14. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For those of you wondering, the ban wasn't about Swuft not having a mic.
    It's about him always going team Blu, not willing to go warden or even talk.
    And this has happened way too often too.

Still, the length of the first ban is a huge overkill for something trivial.
    Swuft is a loyal member of FoG and doesn't deserve a 100+ guardban for something so trivial.

15. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And so what should we do if he continues after this ban's expire? Should we just ban him again for the same amount of time?
    Searching for a point there, but can't find any.

16. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I suggest that you eventually start handing out actual bans if he keeps on doing the same thing.

17. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Roger that.

18. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nice idea downy then he might not say I **** **** and ban me from guards tenfold to the usual amount of time

19. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You could just stay on team Red or talk.
    I do not see the problem.

20. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There only go guard when there are about 2 blues and 18 reds and the rounds are a repetitive cycle of rebelling, when we were playing yesterday I was doing the same 3 blues 17 reds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.