Declined Fixing General Trade/Idle Server Problems

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Playmaker 2, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playmaker 2

Playmaker 2 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    At the suggestion of the admins, here is my forum post.

First let's clear something up. Crosssniping, Spawncamping, and Spawnkilling are all the same thing. They are all Spawncamping. All of them actively kill the enemy team while they are in their spawn. All of them can at times be hard to counter. And above all else, all of them suck to play against. As long as we can agree on that last point That's all i truly care about.

Now of course there needs to be a solution to these irks. The common factor they all have is the map trade_plaza_2 is complete garbage. I am sorry if you like this map, but it's time to accept that. One way of leaving spawn and to be honest the map is just boring all around. Now a suggestion of a map change could be something like achievement_apg_r15. The pros of this map being multiple exits to spawn, leading to flanking opportunities of being camped and exits that teleport you elsewhere on the map so you can avoid camping altogether. The map also has secrets so players could explore around. It has mini games, easier places for friendlies to meet up (or be murdered quickly). And it still has the ability for you to idle if that is what you want. Now I am sure this is not the only map that should be suggested (in terms of better maps trade_plaza_2 sets the bar REAL low), but overall the new map should have at least 2 ways of exiting spawn to be more challenging to camp and harder for a sniper to hardscope down constantly and maybe some small but fun things to do for friendlies or general players. Since while sniping down into the enemy spawn can be fun the first few minutes it does get a little boring over time.

2. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    On one hand i agree that people sniping is annoying as fuck but i feel like it's a necessary evil. Trade servers have that specific theme to them where maps are very small and you can find all the people that want to fight seconds away from the spawn. Trade servers aren't actually used for trading in fact, it's a very inefficient way of trading since you're counting on the chance that one of the potential players on a tiny server will want to buy that specfic item you're selling and there are all the f2p and people just dm'ing - not trading. People just come to kill stuff quick. What makes trade servers unique is the specific maps, switching to apg_15 would just make another achievement server.

The only solution is finding a map where sniper sight-lines are limited but at the end of the day it's just a """"trade"""" server.

3. Playmaker 2

Playmaker 2 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you're going with the it's just a trade server route, then I think our conversation is done. Because with all due respect, that is the least helpful response you could give.

Sorry but not sorry.

4. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Switching from plaza to ach apg is dumb. As Spoke mentioned, it would just create ach idle #2. If you desire that map just join the current ach server.

5. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Imo the exit system on trade_hopi was a decent system for what you describe (never am i gonna go to grapple hook window and godmode room cp cancer so that map is out, just was describing the exit system). I get why you dislike crossmapping but... well, crossmapping has always been a part of tradeidle, and of you dislike it so much then all I gotta say to you is: just avoid or fight back, aka git gud. If crosmapping was disallowed, a large chunk of regulars would quit. It will almost always be part of the life cycle for trade servers. As others have stated above, if you dislike it so much just go to achidle.

6. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello, glad to see this thread.

First off I'm just going to let you know that Trade 3 will never change maps--I've already talked to n0:name (owner) about it and things were said and done. Your map suggestion will be declined. Additionally, spawncamping is not the same as spawnkilling; we've already talked about it in-game but basically spawncamping implies that members stay (or CAMP) the opposite spawn, prohibiting them from exiting for long periods of time (I'd say 7+ seconds, but that's nitpicky). Spawnkilling however is short-lived and is usually a way to kill snipers or players who retreated back to their own spawn after a match.

In short: spawncamp =/= spawnkill.

Aside from that, I'd just like to point out that you're arguing something that has a simple solution: switch servers. You only have roughly 15 hours on Trade 3, though Fortress of Gamers has plenty of other servers (include Trade 1, 2, and Ach/Idle) with better maps, plenty of admins, and friendly players. Server list can be found here.

We still appreciate that you find interest in our servers, however you're fighting for something that has already been covered and discussed. Don't like it, then switch to T1/2 or leave.

7. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe the word "never" is a bit too extreme but the map won't be changed as long as the server stays alive.

Declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.