[CS:GO] Planned addition of a !store / !shop plugin

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers (archive)' started by n0name, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To reward loyal players a bit more, the green goblin (aka Yoda) and me have thought about adding a !store plugin to our CS:GO servers.
    Currently, the most used store plugin is the one made by Zephyrus, which I would use as well.

Plugin thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=276677

The following features would be available:
    • Hats (would no longer be available to everyone, only to those with enough points)
    • Trails (quality ones, not hundreds of them)
    • Custom chat colors
    • Weapon colors
    • !glow
    • Possibly pets
    All of them will be bought through the !store / !shop menu and won't auto-unlock.

You will be able to earn points either by playing on the server (1 point/minute) or by finishing maps (Surf/Bhop only).

However, we are still unsure about the following points:
    • should chat colors be server-wide (so you have to buy them for each server again) or game-wide (so across all servers)? Donator ones will be game-wide per default.
    • how should Surf/Bhop be handled regarding automatically earned points? Add a afk kicker after 25 mins (aka. one map) of being inactive or simply add a reduced rate (0.5 points / minute)
    • as some features aren't available to donators yet (such as pets), should donators gain access to all items and upon losing their status, those items will be deleted or should they only gain access to the menu itself and still require points to buy? Latter one is imo the better solution.
    Please post your opinion down below (with an explanation if possible), planning to start implementing the system around December 8 - Christmas.

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Regarding the little points:
    My idea was that
    • The chat colors should be server by server IF servergroups can be made. Reason being you shouldn't be able to join surf, play for a few days, get a color and suddenly be special on retakes and FFA, etc. Over all surf servers and a group with the retake servers would be ideal. Otherwise it would be odd. A color on 1-2 but not 1-3? meh..
    • For this point i have a few ideas:
      • AFK kicker after one map (Will prevent heavy idlers)
      • A point limit. (For examle 200 points per day when the price for a color is 2000)
    • Donators should still earn points in the usual manner so they still are able to buy a color after they have lost their rank. Being a donator should extend your access to everything, too (pets, colors).
    Also trails have to be hidable. No way around that.

This system might be able to turn on and off your colors too so I can be an undercover admin too, wich is amazeballs.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. lemood

lemood Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you can hide these things with command, then sure why not
    If you cant, then its just deconcentrating

4. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Everything sounds kewl, but I dread the thought of trails in surf. It is extremely distracting, I surfed on another server which had it implemented and it was horrible with every surfer having a trail and pretty much covering your screen. Unless of course we could implement some sort of !hide for trails/hats/pets? would be good. Also pets in my opinion sound weird. o_O

But I think having a faint trail, perhaps on a bot, might prove some promise so new and experienced surfers can improve their times by following the bots run.

Everything stated here is more aimed towards surf/bhop than the other servers.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  5. SeaBass

SeaBass Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    From personal experience the first server i ever surfed on had a shop, trials etc the full Monty. Being blunt it's a terrible thing if there is'nt a command to hide it player model skins were a thing back then idk if they still are now, that's the only thing i actually found cool tbh, pets....eeeh don't have a clue what they would look like would have to see a concept to put my opinion on them but like venom said as long as there's a command to hide the features such as trails in particular then go ahead as long as it wont affect anyone's graphical performance as stupid as it sounds but with everything flying around it could be a issue to some.

6. f0nex

f0nex Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Great Idea

7. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Instead of afkkicker, just add an auto mover to spectate after 15 min.
    The !store points can be turned off for spectating players, and then we don't lose them on the server.

Trails is a bad idea for surf/bhop/kz for obvious reasons.
    Don't have an opinion on chat colors.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bumping this.

9. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not a good decision to bump and afterwards spam 3 other posts :^)
    [this is another bump]

10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think this sounds cool for the surf sever, but I agree about the trails being distracting, as the third person doesn't work I see no point for trails on surf.

Though I think you should be moved to AFK/Spectator after 5-10mins of being AFK,

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  11. ElToredo (195cm)

ElToredo (195cm) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would go with this:
    - chat colors: will try to get server groups working, otherwise, they will be per-server only
    - afk: going with Koga's idea, aka. moving idling players to spectate, turning off credit earning while in spec
    - donators will still earn points
    - trails won't be available at all on Surf/Bhop. The average player can't really be teached to use simple command to turn them off, and I guess many people will leave because they get annoyed by trails (also the amount of downloads).

Another point would be refactoring how chat tags are distributed - will use a seperate, central plugin for that.
    Will try working on it around christmas, as I got about 3 weeks off during that time (a FoG Trade update is planned as well).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.