CS:GO Event Server/Team

Discussion in 'General' started by Venom, Nov 29, 2015.

?

YAY OR NAY For this to be implemented.

Poll closed Dec 6, 2015.
  1. YAY

83.3%
  2. NAY

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello peeps,

An idea came to mind to help grow the CS:GO part of the FoG community, this idea is to have a CS:GO event server and team.
    I believe creating this will gain more CS fanatics to the forums and grow the csgo side of FoG. Of course for this to work we will need volunteers to act as Event Admins for CS:GO.

I am well aware that the TF2 Event team is somewhat dead :(. I feel that this will be different if we do frequent and fun events.
    Since all the CS:GO servers are quickly becoming more and more popular, if advertised a lot of people may want to participate in events.

- Venom

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Is there a closer explanation to "events" and "event team"?

Meaning, what do you consider a event? And whats the job/what does the eventteam have to be ready to give up (own skins as prices)?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will be admin xD

We should make one.

4. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dont know how this will "bait" in more players seeing as the tf2 event server never had anything expect that admin gathering a long time ago. So having a CSGO one wouldnt really benefit anything judging from experience.

5. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You said it right there, the tf2 event server only really held an ADMIN gathering, of course something like that is not going to "bait" any new players

6. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There has been like no activity on the event server, so i really dont see how a CSGO one will be different in any way.

The only thing the server would be good for is draining n0's wallet for money and just sitting there doing nothing, seeing as there is no activity on the TF2 one, without doubt there wont be any difference in the CSGO one seeing as it's basically the same. Yeah sure there might be some personal hosted events, but if thats the case then you can just make your own server to host such events.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.