Invalid cp_orange and some colors added by laser pointers

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Jettan's Horse, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    as we all know, cp_orange is truly a wide opened map, with about 5 places where to cover yourself from the enemy fire. as we all know, tf2 has a class called "the sniper", which is in fact a sniper. it truly is painful to get bodyshotted every single time you get out of spawn, at least you know that they kinda put some effort into headshotting you, which are made by the hatter boys.

I really don't know what to say, just asking if it was possible to introduce an headshot only plug-in or just a limit for snipers where there can only be like 2 or something. has it already been made? is it too harsh against new players? please don't bully me

2. Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Low Orbit Ion Cannon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Isn't cp_orange basically just a map for snipers?
    I have an idea that could prevent you from getting bodyshot from across an awkwardly empty map with little to no hiding spots:
    Fix #1
    Fix #2
    Fix #3

cp_orange is an empty map. That is what it has always been.
    It is an open invitation to everyone who wants to show off their sniping skills to do so on this map. If you don't like snipers, I'd recommend that you go play a different map.
    Class limits are possible, and so is headshot-only damage, but why take the fun away from everyone else because you don't like being bodyshot?

3. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you really are proposing to ''ban'' bodyshots. I'd vote no for that.

I honestly find that kinda stupid. Come on people. It's just a video game. A bodyshot doesn't make anyone better or worse. And much as Admynco said, limiting the class wouldn't work. It's a sniper map (for the most part) and it would just cause outrage between some other snipers.

4. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Limit snipers is alright, but disabling bodyshots is kinda of an asshole move to any "noob" sniper out there.

5. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nope, not gonna ban out bodyshots nor will I limit snipers on this map.
    The main class for this map is a sniper so I won't limit it.

6. duke

duke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have about 20 days on orange. Yup 20 entire days, and 3.5 hours of that has been as a sniper. So maybe I do not know everything there is to know about sniping. But in that almost 3 weeks (when I say it like that, oh Gaben, I need to make some serious changes!) I have learned a lot about dodging snipers.

The server attracts some of the best snipers (and worst) there is, because it is an incredible challenge at times for both the snipers and everyone else. But thats the point. Its a large open map that adds a different dynamic to the game. To most its idiotic, but to me its pure tf2. So I for one vote against any change like that. Let me keep my big orange play box like it is.

So learn to constantly dodge and jump around like you are having some sort of epileptic fit at the keyboard. That part is key to success in cp_orange.

7. dmgeneral

dmgeneral Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Completely agree with duke here.

As for medics, it can really be hell on orange, but well, vaccinator helps sometimes xD

8. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

Since most people who play on Orange are snipers, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of attributes that a sniper must have. Getting rid of body shots, would piss a lot of people off, and would draw the population of the server out. Being mainly a sniper on there myself, this would make me upset as well, since there are times it is necessary to make a body shot kill.

I've administered a head shot only server before, and frankly, there was too many complaints about the plugin. Our server activity dropped nearly 25%, and genuinely caused some panic for a possible dying community (it did die after some time). So, in a statistical sense, it doesn't add up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  9. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The verdict for this thread has been done. Kill it! BEFORE IT SPEARDS.

10. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Archived

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.