Implemented Couple suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by KEks, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEks

KEks Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    First of all I'd like to ask if its possible to add to the stats more filter/sorting options, like filtering/sorting all maps somebody has done by tier, time, rank etc.
    [​IMG]
    In the picture u can see the example of the horizon server.

And also i know that the server already got some kind of wrcps... but the people dont rly care about them because they dont work like they work on the other big servers like ksf or heaven. Normally there are wrcps only for staged maps and there is on every stage a zone so u can teleport for example to s6 and grind it without doing the whole map over and over again. If you get the wrcp you should not get points for it but it should be displayed in the stats menu. I asked a few people and they all liked the idea of having the chance do grind stages for wrcps ,Seynethic, Dosta, hyy, Maex and some more.
    Another point is the thing that u cant see how much faster or slower the wr on the checkpoints is. You can only see the Wrcps but not the time of the wr. You should have the chance to see the current wr time and the wrcp time by passing the stage or the checkpoint.

Hope you can work on these things and keep up the great work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1.) Web stuff - don't see this happening any time soon.
    The site we use atm was slapped together by the original plugin author (and some contributors), and also looks like this.
    Best way would be to re-do that entire thing, for which I neither have time nor energy (preparing the store rollout is planned next).
    There is, however, some basic sorting available in the "View all records" dropdown on a player's page - https://files.f-o-g.eu/aa925adgfgg4243adbgg4f108c95db1c - you just have to click on "View all records" again after clicking one of the headers.

2.) Will look into adding teleport-to-stage wrcps once I get time, can't promise anything though.
    Due to the current design of the plugin, I would have to start the timer when leaving the stage zone and stop it when reaching the end (?) or next stage.
    This is required to actually see which time you will get (the timer in the center of the screen).

3.) Don't really understand that one - the plugin already shows your delta to the current WR time on the checkpoint when you pass it.
    EDIT: Sey has explained it to me now - the plugin should print the time difference to the entire map wr, not only cp wr as well.
    This would only work for new runs, as the old ones will not have the information if the cps were part of a WR.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Giving an update on 2.):
    The feature is mostly working flawlessly, in a way which doesn't require any extra zone types / rezoning.
    It works by starting your timer in a sort-of "unranked" mode after you leave a stage and it isn't running already, thus allowing the WR CP plugin to function as it does now.
    Any finishes made (reaching the end zone), will not be counted, as otherwise, you could simply tele to the last stage, surf to the end and get <5 sec times.

So, TL;DR:
    • If you do a regular run (leave the start zone and surf until the end), nothing changes, same behaviour as current
    • If you teleport to a zone using !s <number>, e.g. !s5 and leave the zone (so leave the platform in most cases), the timer will start again, and you will be able to complete with checkpoint times. Touching the end zone will neither record your time, nor trigger any world records/bot saves.
    However, there is still a pretty major problem with time differences.
    Basically, the WR CP plugin counts the time between first touching a checkpoint (A) and touching the next one (B), thus counting from the beginning.
    Now, the change above caused that the timer will start once you leave the checkpoint zone, so you will start with 00:00 and get much better times.
    Due to this, I was able to get placed into the top 10 without much effort.

Graphical illustration for easier understanding:
    [​IMG]

To fix this problem, the only real viable solution would be to start counting stage times only once you leave the checkpoint zone in regular runs as well.

Example:
    start -> reach stage 1 [time: 4.4 seconds] (start touching the zone) -> leave stage 1 zone (and surf the stage) [time: 4.7 seconds] -> reach stage 2 [8.4 seconds] (start touch)
    Your time would be: 3.7 seconds for stage 1. With the current system, it would be 4.0 seconds.

Failing/retrying the stage would not reset your stage start time, so leaving the zone of stage 1 multiple times in a row would still count as 3.7 seconds.

Please let me know what you think about this change (and if you understood my explanations), or feel free to suggest a better variant.
    I also thought about adding some sort of penalty time when using !s<stage>, but that would be rather arbitary (how much time should be plugin add? 500ms? 750ms?)

4. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @n0name@n0name it is correct that the time starts after you leave the starting platform of a stage. The old counting was wrong. Cause the timer shouldn't start when you touch a stage starting platform. Therefor it is correct now and no problem that you get faster times. The old ones were wrong any way.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updating this again:
    the behaviour as described above is now working, only two bugs (discovered from by testing) remain:
    - if you use !rs to restart the current stage, a partial run will be started - !back behaves the same as !sX
    - sometimes, the timer for partial runs does not start if you teleport between different stages (if you are in the air).

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Both bugs mentioned above have been fixed now, and the feature is now fully working (imo).
    If you want to test it, please contact @Venom@Venom to start up the test server and give you the password.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  8. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    alright.
    Tested it with @hyyylight@hyyylight , @Giovanni@Giovanni , @KEks@KEks , etc.

stuff we noticed and wish to be fixed, if possible:
    - disable prehopping stages. let's say I tp !s 5 and wanna grind that checkpoint. its really ez to make an insane cpwr with prehopping.
    - make the very last stage also possible to grind for cpwr. e.g. surf_beginner (last stage) s7. you can tp to it but as soon as you reach the end there wont be any cpwr to break.
    - reset timer after failing. e.g. I tp'ed to !s 5. jumped off the start, surfed the 1st rail and fell down -> get tped to start of s5 but timer is still running. in order to grind a good cpwr I have to manually reset my cp timer with !s 5.

that's all we've noticed so far.
    hopefully I havn't forgotten anything else... :/

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1.) Prehopping: this should only be disabled when doing a "partial" run? Aka. typing !s 5.
    2.) That's mostly because the end zone has its own type and isn't considered a "level" zone itself. Could probably check for it in a forward.
    3.) Originally planned it like that (falling down and touching the stage zone again would stop your timer), but ran into some problems with the timer starting again randomly.
    Should probably work now, as I have improved the handling of that stuff a lot.

Not sure when to implement/test it though, considering I currently have a 4 week global cooldown (would need to test with an alt..)

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    All 3 points implemented, uploaded a new version on the test server.
    While I was at it, also took the opportunity to change the color of the time (in the middle) from green to blue if you are doing a "partial" run.

@Seynethic@Seynethic

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    WR run difference calculation/storing is now implemented as well.
    The new version is currently installed on 1-6, if everything works fine, I will install it on the other servers around beginning next week.

Marking as implemented (my stance on the web stuff hasn't changed).
    Thanks to @Rizor@Rizor / @Seynethic@Seynethic / @Avaritia@Avaritia (and everyone else) for helping me test.

12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Marking as implemented, now installed on all our Surf/Bhop servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.