Declined Can we please get rid of guard crits.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ

[OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guards don't need crits to keep track of rebellers, infact I you're pretty horrible if you do. Rebelling is way too hard since all they do is armoury camp.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Absolutely not.

Crits are there to stop reds rebelling every round. And it's already easy to kill guards with melee due to high crit chance.
    Also armoury camping as a guard is against jailbreak rules.

3. [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm talking about when an admin isn't present and all they do is armory camp, you can't rely on the voteban or votekick system since some simply won't participate in the vote.

4. [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also why is that needed? You don't need a handicap to prevent rebels you just need to play some mge and learn how to actually fight them. Matter of fact crits are unreliable in general. It's just a random chance to almost 1 hit someone with most weapons.

5. R4_

R4_ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't actually play Fog jailbreak but I've have had plenty of experience with it on other servers that Run crits and ones flat don't.
    I'm a firm believer in crits since without them it's just far to easy on reds. Especially when they spam power jack pyros or heavies.

Even the most skilled players can succumb to numbers and the whole argument of playing MGE could equally be applied to reds who want to rebel against crits.

6. [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Except it can't and for good reason, crits isn't on other servers because it's unbalanced, it gives way too much power to blus that they don't need, if you want to play properly just keep away from the reds melee range, stand on a building close by for example. If it works for every other server it will most likely work for this one. Like previously stated, the idea that they need crits is giving them more power than they deserve, an experienced guard will deal with a rebeller. An inexperienced guard can't. You're pandering to the players without the skill, but as a result you're making rebelling more of a chore.

7. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Crits are there for a reason. There are twice as many players on RED. This makes rebelling very easy. A scout for example, he can just run away and without crits it becomes nearly impossible to kill him. (depends on how big the cell area is). Also RED's have random crits and can easily attack you if you dont have crits. You'll need a very quick reaction time and cannot kill that guy in one hit. Only if you're a really good player there will be a chance of killing the RED. Is someone armoury camping? Just type !report in chat and an admin will be on his way. We cannot prevent everyone from freekilling/armoury camping. That's just something on jailbreak. If the admin is not online just try and deal with it yourself. Go BLU and type !wff in the chat (or you can type !wmenu).

8. [OG]Pantinum - 湿ã£ãŸ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But isn't crits a little too much? It's 3 times the regular damage, thats a 1 hit noscope on a scout from a sniper. Also other servers have prevented spawn camping by not allowing players to re enter, I would recommend it.

9. R4_

R4_ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You simply stating it isn't true doesn't actually constitute a valid point in favor.
    Thats simply false since the majority of servers run all crits, for a good reason, its neither fun nor particularly reasonable if guards just sit on roof tops shouting down orders.
    In fact I believe All crits is set as the default setting with the plugin, further validating this.
    The servers that do disable it, generally disable other features which impact gameplay.

Jailbreak isn't all about rebelling ( I can't believe I'm saying this), no matter how good a guard is, without crits its easy for classes like Heavy to overwhelm in sheer numbers.
    No matter how good you are, you need time to reload.
    Ultimately a lot of this is opinion on what the role of rebelling is in jailbreak but I think its clear from the post ratings and the fact the majority of servers run crits that most people agree with the current balance.

I would argue that shield should be enabled however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.