Archived Bhop servers record bots disappearing

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by the sooner the spooner, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the sooner the spooner

the sooner the spooner Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Lately I've had this issue on the bhop servers, both the easy and donator one, where all the record bots that I or some other people get always disappear, but never do on some other players. I've found this out long time ago but I thought it was just some temporary glitch or that the bots needed some time to save on the server, but have only recently noticed that is far from truth, so here's what exactly happens:
    Every time I set a record on one of the bhop servers, and beat someone else's bot, I get my own, with the replay of my record I just set... but the thing is, after we change the map and come back to it some other time, my bot is gone, so there's no replay bot on the map, or if there is one, it's just a normal bot, wandering around the map - not a replay one. Oddly enough this happens on just a few people, as I tested this with others, and their bots always save as they should, and do not disappear after the map switches, like mine do. This is very frustrating as whenever I put my work into beating a certain record, I can never again see the replay of my run, no matter I am ranked 1st on the map, the bot always disappears on the next rtv.
    I hope we could find a way to fix this issue, I will try to help with whatever I can, including testing, and so far I've noticed this happens to me every single time I get a bot, there hasn't been 1 time my bot has ever saved, different from some other players where theirs save every time. Thanks @Massta@Massta for helping me out with this problem. Cheers.

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, I just checked on BHop Donator, and there is a bot replay file present from yesterday evening (b2 on lego1).

Also keep in mind that the bot won't save a run unless any of the following criterias are met:
    - new time is a SR
    - new time is in the top 100 and the current time is worse than the new one, or not set at all

In both cases, records from other styles than "Normal (auto)" (default) are ignored (to prevent having 9 styles x n stages/boni bots).
    It may also be that the game refuses to add another bot, but the replay still gets saved - "Game is full error".

Lastly, error logs didn't contain anything, so at least the plugin didn't bug out.

If you could record a video of this happening it would help a lot!

3. the sooner the spooner

the sooner the spooner Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    About 3 days ago I set a record on bhop_sqee's bonus stage, I was ranked 1st on auto and had a bot (21 second run), later that day when I went back on the server, I changed the map to sqee again and my bot was replaced with a random normal BOT Tony, who was just walking around the map.... So I the bonus level again, beat my record by a second, BOT Tony got replaced with my record again, but again it disappeared after the map changed....... Yesterday I asked Möter to do the sqee bonus, he got some casual time, got a replay bot (because there was no bot, mine was gone) and for testing purposes we changed the map again, the bot didnt disappear like mine when we came back tho. I'm not the only one having this issue, I've heard other players talk about this as well. The replays just get saved for ones and not saved for others.

Edit: I will try to provide video footage tomorrow

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As I haven't received an answer in well over a week, I am going to archive this report.
    Once you have got some solid footage, feel free to create another thread.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.