Accepted Ban Appeal - Peter Traurig

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Peter Traurig, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Traurig

Peter Traurig Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Peter Traurig

When did it happen?
    Today

What's the specified reason?
    *griefing *not respecting admin *repeats griefing after short period of bans.

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    First of all, I rightfully received 2 bans for blocking other players sync rockets on jump_4starters. I was making a joke at the expense of others out of it. I admit to that and I'm being sorry for ruining the fun at those 2 occasions. Justice was served for that already.
    The reason for the 3rd ban is a little cryptical to me. I've talked to Broccie.

What happened last night? Here are the events from my point of view:
    I joined the server- and of course people recognized me for the recent griefing actions. One player asked, if I came back to troll again.
    Making a joke out of it, I was calling it "teaching". I myself know I was griefing, when blocking the rockets. By calling it teaching, whenever someone mentioned this topic, people got annoyed at me. Understandably. I am taking responsibilities for my actions and I want to publicly apologize with this post.
    For the rest of the night I was casually jumping from course to course, doing nothing reprehensible.
    I never offended anyone with racist slurs or other name calling. The only thing I was making myself guilty of, was calling out the rocketblocking as something it obviously wasn't.
    I've been a player on your server for quite some time. I took it too far I got banned twice in a short periode of time, but I didnt continue rocket blocking afterwards at any point in time.
    I never intended to disrespect the admins.

If you think the reason for the 3rd ban is justified and to therefor ban me permanently, so be it.
    I'd still like to publicly apologize.

I am sorry for being a dick.

All the text I wrote last night:
    http://stats.f-o-g.eu/player_histories/chat/2888952

2. WingsWithoutBird

WingsWithoutBird Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, first of all, I don't know what happened to you these last few days, I know you since I started rocket jumping on F-o-G, and you were one of the best teachers I've had. I always admired you and never expected those kind of behaviors coming from you. I saw you as a friendly/helpful kind of man as you always were.
    These last days, you looked like a different person when I connected on server with complains about some guy griefing, you knew that it wasnt right, but you kept anyways. I did warn you and kick, but you returned and kept with it, I temp. banned you (12h).

Jump server is a pretty peacefull place where, most people, go there for a chill moment after work/school or just be with friends, I dont want (here, I assume I'm also speaking for all, regular and new, players on jump) anyone to ruin that, also being that one of the main reasons I've applied for admin.

I still have hope on you, knowing you, and knowing you are a mature man who knows how to behavior (at least you used to).
    You are probably one of the oldest (regular) players on Jump, and you never did nothing like this.

Afterall the server is a better place when you are there and not being a *dick*.

PS: I assume the perm ban comes from your recent bad reputation + two 12h bans, you deserved them, both...

3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seems like @BROCCOLI@BROCCOLI already reduced your ban to one week, which has since expired.
    Marking this as resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.