Declined Baiting, but for freedays

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Fennik, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennik

Fennik Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understand that it's nice to have a freeday; you can go away from the warden and do any minigame you want, which is what a freeday should be!

Unfortunately i find that many REDs disagree and would rather open every imaginable way into the armory up for their teammates, grab ammunition, aim their sniper rifle and take all the time in the world to land a headshot. Alternatively, they like to hump the back of any given BLU as Spy until they decide they don't want said guard to live anymore and shove a knife into their back. Freeday is mostly used as a free ticket to rebel and for this very reason i've started to switch off BLU when someone i know is particularly fond of abusing the guard immunity has obtained a freeday, often leaving five clueless mic-less guards to take care of fourteen prisoners, three of which immune to their attacks.

Aside from straight-up rebelling there's alot of people with a freeday that just love to use their immunity to piss guards off, from bodyblocking to trying to tauntkill them (but until they actually land a lethal taunt, they're absolutely fine - they're immune to guard damage after all).

My suggestion is to make the baiting rules apply to REDs with freedays aswell. My and others' life as Warden is hard enough with the trickstabbing spies and random criticals all around, and personally i find nothing more frustrating than REDs taunting me, be it through taunts or not, and hindering the round as much as they can without letting me kill them on sight.

I am aware of the following rule:

- You may kill a Freeday if the Freeday is harassing\blocking a BLU.
    but "harassing" is a very broad term and everyone interprets it differently. By changing it to something along the lines of "actively entering melee range" and the other "baiting" rules, there can be clarity and i won't have a series of reports against me because paranoia got the best of me when another RED was seeing how far their knife would fit into my spine without them being marked rebel.

Thank you for reading this half-rant half-suggestion. If you either have any feedback related to the suggestion or feedback related to what i should do as a Warden in this position, please go ahead and comment on the thread.

2. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Saying "no" to this, implementing a rule like no baiting as freeday would probably lead some wardens into killing a freeday at the first chance they get even if they entered the freedays melee range because they didn't pay attention to it.

So for now you will have to live with it

Closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.