Rejected An admin report

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by SynchronizedMurders [FoG], Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland

Roland Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wow, M4RK3T got banned? Man, stuff happened while I was on vacation to Chernarus.

2. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You can only partly use this as an comparison since he was warned and told to stop

3. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But I think it is very much the same contest, maybe nobody had the guts to say anything to Hiss in a fear of ban?

4. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I still think that this guys ban should be lowered to a day. And he did something bannable, he disobeyed Ace, and disobedience gets punished with a ban. So please, lower this guys ban, and don't ban Hiss for this.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  5. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    counting that I'm Italian, jokes about Mussolini or Hitler are damn everywhere and everyone laughs at them. It's obvious that if you say it SERIOUSLY it's another thing. I can't tell if you're serious or you're just joking while typing. and honestly, I don't like black humor that much, but I still think that it's not our fault. ideals, wrong or right, still deserve some respect.

ALSO
    I tought that from some meme masters like someone here would've said nothing about it

6. cetru

cetru Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't know if you were referring to me zefeel, but if so, I'll answer this: as I already stated, I am not against freedom of thinking, everyone has the right to make the jokes he wants... but in the right context! If we, as a community, disagree with "jokes" of that kind ( as it's specified in the rules and as many members of our community are against telling and hearing them), then it's sensible and polite to avoid making them in front of your community comrades.

I am not talking about laws, I don't even know and I am not interested in laws (even if I know that making jokes like that in public has bad consequences for the one who says them): I am talking with a different point of view, based on a respectful cohabitation (don't know any other words to tell that) with the other members of the staff. And again, I'm against punishing Hiss for that, he probably didn't know how we (or at least a good part of the Community) feel about those kind of jokes: I just say, avoid using and showing those items while on the FoG Servers, or at least, while the ones who are annoyed by them are on the same FoG Server of yours.

I hope I clarified my opinion enough.

7. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also I'm just throwing it out there, but while obviously the main debate everyone's on about is the as subtle as a nuclear blast, Hitler references but I'm pretty sure that if we are going assume that people are taking offence to this I feel I should point out the Crossbow also insults Gays and Blacks, as-well as the Jewish bashing. Usually Homo-phobia and racism is frowned upon in any regard.

You can say something intentionally as a joke sure, shitty shock humor has been around for some time; it always will be and there's nothing you can do about it. Even if Hiss didn't exactly mean those words, and it's just "Le edgy intereme" humor then sure perhaps it's debatable if he should or shouldn't be punished. Just you know, at-least show some respect.

8. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    This is of course a good notice, but the man had more reasons to be banned. Because of this, I also would suggest to lower the punishment but remind him that disobedience of admins is not acceptable. It is also worth to take our time to reconsider for what reasons we punish people.

9. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So your against his weapon names but not anthelions? Ok we can go on here and go on about how we don't like it but you cant just blame one as cetru saying and this is a prime example of an argument that is never going to stop can we please just close this...

10. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    I must agree with Spartan. This thread is right now nothing more but each side tossing their points across one another. Sir Hiss should be declared innocent.
    We must learn to accept our differences and move on.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since the original "report" was already resolved a few pages back, I will reject this Report.
    We only punish people who do such things if they directly post/speak that INGAME, not if they have set their item names to something like that. (as those are stored on Valve Servers, which are located in the US).

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.