Rejected An admin report

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by SynchronizedMurders [FoG], Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland

Roland Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    As I have read through the last pages...
    This obviously is a rather strong discussion since side A argues that it is an act of discrimination and racism and lack of respect, while side B's argument is that the defendant's motives are neither one of the mentioned offences, but a harmless joke on a community located on the internet. And like Rainbow Dash says, this kind of stuff exists everywhere. My next question would be: Why would we disallow Sir Hiss to name his weapons as he pleases? He has already testified that he is not a racist of any kind. And this is text on a weapon you will only read during one of two possible outcomes: examining his backpack, or getting killed by him.

3. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Roland, stop it alreay.

4. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hiss only kills people who are breaking the rules, or if he´s playing legit. (By legit, i mean. Playing normal)

5. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    Agreed. This has gone too far to be a laughing matter.
    [​IMG]
    Ergo, that means that the only people who will ever see these names are people that Sir Hiss has brought justice upon in his server or by playing the game legit. Are we to punish him for naming his own weapons which he has 100% ownership of, when he is doing his job properly?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  6. Roland

Roland Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright alright! I'm gone. Geez.

7. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    Speedy doesn't mean that you must necessarily leave, rather just be more contributing with a real opinion. Do you have any opinions regarding the matter?

8. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Who are you, to say that making jokes about something is immoral? You're not the law, neither are you a court, you have no right to say that its forbidden, but you have right to say that if offends you. And just as you have the right to say that it offends you, someone else has the right to say that he thinks its funny. We all live in this earth, and the worlds previous historical moments are of course of importance, but all we should do, is learn from them. Now, if you come, and say that making jokes about something is not okay, then its fine. But forbidding that, would not be, as you steal the freedom to do whatever we want, as long as it does not hurt humans. And with "hurt", I mean physically, not psychologically.

9. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Psychological bullying leads to physical violence.

10. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Try to define Psychological hurting for every human. You can't.

11. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But I sure have understood that you, Zefeel would be intelligent enough to realize that. Psychological hurting would be defined with most ease. If you feel in anyway insulted, bad or mistreated, you know you have been bullied.

Also, who am I to say what is immoral? Our society is built on rock hard standards, they define the ethicality and morality of everything.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  12. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What if I would've gotten insulted by a specific insult, while you for example would experience pleasure out of it?

13. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wouldn't that simply make me a person who just doesn't care what others say? I know myself that I do insult people on regular basis, especially in Dota. Which makes me a bad person.

14. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What I am trying to say here is, that you cannot define psycholoical hurting for every human, mainly because every human is an indivudal.
    For example, lets say that I just said to you that metal music is complete shit. As you like metal music, you would get offended by it, while, lets say, Damien, wouldn't, he would think its funny.

15. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This thread is starting to derail. Please keep it on topic. Personal discussions can be discussed via steam or other means of private communication.

16. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But it is easier to define to groups of people, like the Jews. I know many, many people who would get rather insulted from facing these kinds of phrases (meaning the weapons now) in a place where they have come to have fun.

17. Roland

Roland Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I say let the guy name his shit whatever he wants and quit the drama.
    Yes, Hitler and his followers were a bunch of motherfuckers. Yes, Holocaust was a pure horror. Yes, the War was devastating and changed the whole world and it still echoes to this day.
    Hell, there's a T-34 monument standing just around the corner from my home and the city I live in has "City of Military Glory" status. My great-grandparents fought through the war and one of them has been KIA.

But guess what, it's all over long time ago. I don't think Sir Hiss is actually some crazy neo-nazi who wants to offend people by naming his pile of pixels something Hitler-related. Fella just has some dark sense of humour, that's all. If this offends you...I dunno, offend him back.

End of story.

18. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Being nationalist is whole different thing than causing commotion amongst groups of people with their beliefs.

19. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tolerance is a keyword here. Tolerance was not shown in the third Reich, but we can show tolerance now, by accepting the fact that Hiss renamed his weapons for the sake of fun. Hell, if you want to ban people for making jokes about Hitler, then ban me too, because I would never play on such a server anymore.

20. Jarza

Jarza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.